By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Assassin's Creed: Rising Pheonix - the next AC Vita game CONFIRMED!!!!!!

Train wreck said:
RazorDragon said:
Train wreck said:
RazorDragon said:
Vita's AC didn't sold that well to warrant a sequel. I believe that's another mobile game.

Yves Guillemot said the complete opposite.  Hmm who to believe...a random internet poster biased aganist Sony or the CEO of ubisoft?  Damn why do these choices have to be so hard.

You can believe whoever you want. I find that to be PR marketing, Ubisoft can say whatever they want about AC sales, but based on VGChartz numbers, there's no doubt. It probably made a profit, but I don't believe the profit was high enough to warrant a sequel based on the sales numbers. Rembember, that's MY OPINION though, so you are free to disagree how many times you want.

"based on VGChartz numbers, there's no doubt".  VGChartz numbers have doubt, they have a margin of error and are constantly adjusted.  So you're basing your opinion on guessitame information when when CEO and the CFO of the company have said they are happy with sales, its profitable, its a very high digital rate (more money to the publisher) and not to count the system out.  Thats sure alot of PR spin for a platform that they can easily ignore and go to their major competitor who has  bigger install base (even though they already cancelled a 3DS version of the game)

That's why I said "based on VGChartz numbers", I wasn't saying that these numbers were right or anything, just that, based on the sales numbers available here, it probably just made a small profit making it likely that no sequel will come. Anyway, I believe I'm not going to change your opinion, so let's end this discussion here, ok?

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:
Train wreck said:
RazorDragon said:
Vita's AC didn't sold that well to warrant a sequel. I believe that's another mobile game.

Yves Guillemot said the complete opposite.  Hmm who to believe...a random internet poster biased aganist Sony or the CEO of ubisoft?  Damn why do these choices have to be so hard.

You can believe whoever you want. I find that to be PR marketing, Ubisoft can say whatever they want about AC sales, but based on VGChartz numbers, there's no doubt. It probably made a profit, but I don't believe the profit was high enough to warrant a sequel based on the sales numbers. Rembember, that's MY OPINION though, so you are free to disagree how many times you want.

Yeah it is PR marketing. Ubisoft also talk about how they are happy with their games on Wii U, a lot.

Scisca said:
RazorDragon said:

Haha. Funny how haters keep on staying in denial. It sold good, accept it. It sold as much as RE: Revelations did on 3DS. There is no guarantee it would sell more on 3DS, in fact it's pretty doubtful, since 3rd party games sell bad on 3DS, especially outside of Japan and AC is a strictly western franchise. Hence now a 3DS version is less likely than a sequel on Vita, since they already have the engine, experience and a market that buys their game. On the 3DS they'd have to start from scratch, reinvent how to fit AC gameplay onto this limited hardware and it doesn't really look like it would be worth the hassle. 3DS destroys Vita in hardware sold, but softwarewise they are pretty much on par for 3rd parties. Vita will get a price cut in the West this year, so all this should allow them to sell more copies of the sequel.

My guess is it's either a Vita games or they are teasing a port of ACIII:L on PS360. I'd obviously prefer the first one, as I'm enjoying ACIII:L right now and it's a really good game :) I'd love to play more AC on the go. I just hope they don't release it the same day as AC IV...

Never mentioned the 3DS anywhere in my post, I guess you're replying to the wrong person.