By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does anyone remember Runescape?

I'm sure many of you played this MMO at some point - maybe you still do now!

Talk to us about your experiences with the game, why you played, why you quit (or not), what was appealing, what was not? 

Discuss!

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

I actually played it for the first time last year. I only played for about a month, but it was fun. The community seemed nice enough, and the process of improving skills was actually enjoyable, not tedious at all.

The controls on laptop were a little awkward, but otherwise a solid game.

I still play it...
I had great fun questing the last couple of weeks and leveling up in some skills. Although I think that I will never achieve level 99 in any skill and my account is from late 2008.
I also have to say that the lore the game presents is quite interesting to me and the latest quest shocked me a great deal.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Played it a for a day in 2004 when it was hype in school. From then never understood the appeal of MMOs.

No. The only people I know that still play it are fat virgin basement nerds at my school

- This user was warned for this post by amp316

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Played it a for a day in 2004 when it was hype in school. From then never understood the appeal of MMOs.

yeah I don't either.  Then again I'm ADD when it comes to games.  Can't stay on one for more than a couple weeks or until I beat/platinum it.  It's why I can't get into online MP like most people.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

I started playing in around 2005 and stopped around 2008, I did come back to it for a few weeks ever year after that though. It was one of the greatest games I had ever played, I absolutely loved it. It was so addictive, everything about the game was great. The skills, the items, the weapons, the combat, the enemies, the leveling system, the world, the game's economy.

So many memories in that game, spending up to 10 hours a day "law running", saving up for some nice armour. My account is around level 95, I have full sets of barrows armour and around 15 million gold.

i remember some smart ass killing me, causing me to lose 100m, so out of rage i never played the game again

and punched a hole in the wall :P

I have two friends that still plays it, but that's just about it.

I still play it, been doing so since 2006.

I don't mind it. mainly play it for the quests, done all of them so far so just log in every now and then to play new content.

Played the 2007 servers for a little bit but havn't had time.