By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The bans in Jaywood's thread are laudable

Thank you mods, there are a lot of troublemakers out there, so thank you for clamping down.
I am very excited by this change of pace, though I just want to make sure you understand that saying "trolling will not be tolerated" in the OP doesn't make offenses 'more severe'. It should ALWAYS be like that. A thread does not require a disclaimer to make trolling actually trolling.

I will be keeping a much closer eye on the report button now that I know it actually does things.

Cheers

Around the Network

Links. Give me links!

This thread
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=156766&page=1#83

"jaywood's thread" is half of VGC.

would love to see it happen across the board

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

all the moderating is fairly justified tho, guy just made a thread to point out a good deal online and people came in there raining hate down on xbl and its users. I never really got the dislike of it, had a gold account since it was first available and pay 12euros a month for WoW I really don't get the issue some people having with people paying money to use the service/game they like.

Kinda reminds me of when one of my mates who plays LoL all day everyday was giving out shite to another mate for buying skins from the store saying it was such a rip off charging for those.... took us about 2 hours of talking to him to explain that if no one pays for stuff from the store in a free to play game it would not exist for long. Don't understand it at all.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

It's not the worst thing in the world to continue the argument about why XBL should be free (it really should be). The issue was that such posts were off-topic, making a simple thread about a good deal into another flame war.

If those posts had been made in a "should we pay for LIVE" thread, fewer of them would've been equally bannable.

On a side note, i've really fallen off my game. Full time work will do that to you

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Well the mods need to be prepared. This set a very bad(good?) precedent.

Posters were not allowed to stray even the slightest bit off topic....and then were immediately banned.

I don't think the mods thought it through properly, they are playing a dangerous game.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

ganoncrotch said:
all the moderating is fairly justified tho, guy just made a thread to point out a good deal online and people came in there raining hate down on xbl and its users. I never really got the dislike of it, had a gold account since it was first available and pay 12euros a month for WoW I really don't get the issue some people having with people paying money to use the service/game they like.

Kinda reminds me of when one of my mates who plays LoL all day everyday was giving out shite to another mate for buying skins from the store saying it was such a rip off charging for those.... took us about 2 hours of talking to him to explain that if no one pays for stuff from the store in a free to play game it would not exist for long. Don't understand it at all.

No, I completely agree. Trolling should not be allowed. I'm glad that this event seems to be an official signal of cracking down.
There's a lot of trolling that goes down here, and if I can take

"Still too pricey for what's offered. Zero dollars and zero cents would be nice, or dedicated servers for all popular games."

as an example of trolling, then I'm actually pretty excited about the near future.

Mr Khan said:
It's not the worst thing in the world to continue the argument about why XBL should be free (it really should be). The issue was that such posts were off-topic, making a simple thread about a good deal into another flame war.

If those posts had been made in a "should we pay for LIVE" thread, fewer of them would've been equally bannable.

On a side note, i've really fallen off my game. Full time work will do that to you <_>

Users were banned for trolling, not for being off-topic, and I agree they were trolling.