By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The bans in Jaywood's thread are laudable

Akvod said:
You can't define trolling as whatever you want. It's very disturbing to see that an OP can define trolling as a negative opinion and that the moderating team would ban people for that.

But what's even more sadder is the thread. It should have been locked, and people should either have ignored it or called it out as a shit thread (a few people sort of did).

I mean, let's just taker a looser definition of trolling as "off topic". What exactly was the topic in the thread? What exactly was to be DISCUSSED in the thread?

Say for example that Microsoft permanently lowered LIVE's price. That's a news worthy story that has a lot of implication on Microsoft's business strategy and future actions. There's something to be talked about.

What exactly were people supposed to discuss here?

People were suppose to thank him....

I get where you coming from. But i also dont see the need for a negative comment towards live.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
Akvod said:
You can't define trolling as whatever you want. It's very disturbing to see that an OP can define trolling as a negative opinion and that the moderating team would ban people for that.

But what's even more sadder is the thread. It should have been locked, and people should either have ignored it or called it out as a shit thread (a few people sort of did).

I mean, let's just taker a looser definition of trolling as "off topic". What exactly was the topic in the thread? What exactly was to be DISCUSSED in the thread?

Say for example that Microsoft permanently lowered LIVE's price. That's a news worthy story that has a lot of implication on Microsoft's business strategy and future actions. There's something to be talked about.

I get where you coming from. But i also dont see the need for a negative comment towards live.

And is that what you call discourse?

RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

Do you guys want to turn this into a "who can get the most people banned" contest?

You're pretty much the king, so we can just give you first place, while we fight for second.

It was a serious question.

The answer is yes!

Nos it is the time when the moderation bans 90% of the VGC's comments... silly... no more discussion or community.

Akvod said:
pokoko said:
"jaywood's thread" is half of VGC.

Probably more like 10%. Although that probably depends on when exactly you take a sample.

How in the world do you have time to make charts like this?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

Do you guys want to turn this into a "who can get the most people banned" contest?

You're pretty much the king, so we can just give you first place, while we fight for second.

It was a serious question.

don't get me banned, I know your tricks.

If I know you like I think I do, saying yes to that question is probably bannable itself....

Akvod said:
Shinobi-san said:
Akvod said:

lol just calling it how i see it

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Akvod said:
Shinobi-san said:
Akvod said:

Negative comments are not moderable regardless.

Still not sure how Jaywood escaped moderation after telling someone "your opinion is worthless". Isn't that flaming? If not, I might start every reply with that, even if I agree with them. "Your opinion is worthless, but I think you're completely right."

pokoko said:
Still not sure how Jaywood escaped moderation after telling someone "your opinion is worthless". Isn't that flaming? If not, I might start every reply with that, even if I agree with them. "Your opinion is worthless, but I think you're completely right."

well, it took 5 hours for this comment to get banned

"PSFB's just can't resist, can they?"

Maybe they are just resting a bit from all the ban hammers they swung around earlier, it's probably tiring work.

There are several flame and trolling comments in that thread yet to be moderated I'm sure.