By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW: A scores disappoint; Is it time to worry about The Last of Us?

Aldro said:
badgenome said:
Aldro said:

No, there are people who worked on UC2, UC3 and TLOU. Maybe you should be worried!

Maybe it's okay if they let the Uncharted 3 guys make the start menu.

Hahahaha good one

I'm not buying it if I can't make it past the start menu .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

Who cares what some random guys who lack an education & are more concerned about traffic figures think of a game? Ask yourself why their opinion is more important than say your friends. The answer: it really isn't.

I think im the only person that has no interest in God of War A and The Last of Us. Ilove Sony and God of War 1-3 but I don't think most people care all that much anymore about GOW. So I think GOW sales will be down from 3 but still decent, The Last of Us 4-5 million lifetime even if it gets 80's on metacritic.

Still doesn't disappoint me one bit, but reviews indeed are getting stranger, maybe because gamers who review them expect things in larger than life proportions or maybe attention hungry. "Hey...We're different and we don't review like them "

Mazty said:
Who cares what some random guys who lack an education & are more concerned about traffic figures think of a game? Ask yourself why their opinion is more important than say your friends. The answer: it really isn't.

yea doesn't influence my purchase one way or the other. scores are important for other reasons, but don't ask me as it's not my area of expertise.

Around the Network

Obligatory what the fuck does it matter post.......because seriously what the fuck does it matter

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Reviews maybe useful for bugs and horrible checkpoints. If a review talks endlessly about bugs that don't allow you to finish a mission. Checkpoints that are horribly setup. Those types of things hurt a game and the experience. Reviews point that out, yeah it's helpful

However most reviews are just opinions. Did they like the graphics? Did they like the soundtrack? Did they like the characters? Whatnot. Reviews don't help me in those areas.

I played the MP Beta. Played the SP Demo. I know the franchise and what to expect gameplay wise.

Sessler didn't like the Bro's before Hoe's trophy. And there was a part that was too hard and he had to get a friend to beat it for him. Doesn't mean anything to me

However Sessler also said that sometimes the camera pulls back too far in certain parts of the game and you lose track of Kratos. Seen that happen in the demo.

Certain things are fact, others opinion/personal taste.

Augen said:
I don't put any stock in scores, but if I had to guess Last of Us will be mid 80s as end of generation games cannot ride on the wow factor that early gen titles enjoy in terms of graphics and presentation.

Either way, I am looking froward to Last of Us

In other words, this generation inparticular has gone on far too long.  It's time for next-gen.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Hey, 2-3 years ago, everything below 85 was mediocre and below 80 was crap. Now it seems that you can buy a 75 game without worrying about its quality. The problem is the inconsistency. New IP's and reboots seem to be more forgiven by reviewers than sequels, which is very odd imo. A game is a game and all games should be reviewd equally.

As for The Last Of Us, worried about what exactly? Do you think the game is less awesome after GoW lower scores than expected? This doesn't make sense...

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Weedlab said:
Heavenly_King said:
I am buying 3 copies of GOW:ASCENSION FUCK YEAH!

Post a picture of them when you do. Put a note by the 3 copies as well so we can be sure it's you. :D

I have already paid in full GOW:A CE in the US, but I am in Brazil right now, so considering I want to play it NAO (march 12), I have already pre-ordered a copy here ($75).  And if what SSM said in the blog was an indication of things to come, it might be possible for the game to come to the PSN, so that would be the 3rd copy of the game :D.

Kind of difficult to have a picture side by side considering I wont have my CE untill june. But still, I will try to do that.

I have also 3 copies of GOW3.   the CE, the normal edition, and the GOW SAGA edition (all games plus a statue). XD