By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW: A scores disappoint; Is it time to worry about The Last of Us?

When will people stop giving a care to commercial reviews?! They review the technology and how much they like the particular developer, they dont review wether games are fun to play.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
Weedlab said:
Heavenly_King said:
I am buying 3 copies of GOW:ASCENSION FUCK YEAH!

Post a picture of them when you do. Put a note by the 3 copies as well so we can be sure it's you. :D

I have already paid in full GOW:A CE in the US, but I am in Brazil right now, so considering I want to play it NAO (march 12), I have already pre-ordered a copy here ($75).  And if what SSM said in the blog was an indication of things to come, it might be possible for the game to come to the PSN, so that would be the 3rd copy of the game :D.

Kind of difficult to have a picture side by side considering I wont have my CE untill june. But still, I will try to do that.

I have also 3 copies of GOW3.   the CE, the normal edition, and the GOW SAGA edition (all games plus a statue). XD

I have 2 copies of UC3 :P, a T-shirt, my ps3 has a uc3 theme, 2 rings replica of Drake (one made in stainless steel the other in real silver) xD

I want the explorer edition to go down in price a bit so I can get that one too lol

At any rate, dont care what reviewers say about the last of us or even GoW. Judge by yourself and you will see how wrong they are.

So long the graphics look good more is not needed. All I hear the last months is 'look how good the game looks' followed with GIF's that were made to show the graphics of the game rather than some amazing gameplay....

the problem is that by now most reviewers have played Demon's Souls/Dark Souls - what would you give a 90+ after that?

Around the Network

I imagined Gow Ascencion would recieve lower scores from reviewers. People are a little tired of the GOW formula.

I really think this game should have been made for Vita. But Sony wanted to make money with the franchise on PS3 before SSM starts focusing on PS4.

No reason to worry about The Last of Us or Beyond IMO. Those are new IPs.

At least LAST OF US is a new franchise...I think critics tend to get less generous as a series grows in the number of sequels esp during a single gen ( even though theres only been one 'proper' gow game this gen...theres also been several decent hack and slash games lately)79 is actually still a decent score for a game that appears to offer more of the same. LAST OF US will rate higher I'm sure... But 79 is ok by me if its a game I'm interested in.

pezus said:
ghettoglamour said:

Hey, 2-3 years ago, everything below 85 was mediocre and below 80 was crap. Now it seems that you can buy a 75 game without worrying about its quality. The problem is the inconsistency. New IP's and reboots seem to be more forgiven by reviewers than sequels, which is very odd imo. A game is a game and all games should be reviewd equally.

As for The Last Of Us, worried about what exactly? Do you think the game is less awesome after GoW lower scores than expected? This doesn't make sense...

Again, worry about its scores >_>

Why worry about a score? lol

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

Aldro said:
Heavenly_King said:
Weedlab said:
Heavenly_King said:

Post a picture of them when you do. Put a note by the 3 copies as well so we can be sure it's you. :D

I have already paid in full GOW:A CE in the US, but I am in Brazil right now, so considering I want to play it NAO (march 12), I have already pre-ordered a copy here ($75).  And if what SSM said in the blog was an indication of things to come, it might be possible for the game to come to the PSN, so that would be the 3rd copy of the game :D.

Kind of difficult to have a picture side by side considering I wont have my CE untill june. But still, I will try to do that.

I have also 3 copies of GOW3.   the CE, the normal edition, and the GOW SAGA edition (all games plus a statue). XD

I have 2 copies of UC3 :P, a T-shirt, my ps3 has a uc3 theme, 2 rings replica of Drake (one made in stainless steel the other in real silver) xD

I want the explorer edition to go down in price a bit so I can get that one too lol

:D

Heavenly_King said:
Weedlab said:
Heavenly_King said:

Wow you go boy lol. I ordered the CE and that one will have to do. I MUST have that statue! :D Yea I understand you. I have MANY different versions of MGS2 and 3 and I intend to get MGS HD when I go back home.

I was only playing about the picture. I wasn't doubting you lol If it's anybody who is going to get 3 copies of GOW it's you. :D I'm a collector as well so I figure I'll get SAGA in addition to the other stuff later.

By the way ... I figure this should make you happy. I came across this earlier.

God of War dev: 'there's still life in Kratos'

• Posted March 8th, 2013 at 11:32 EDT by Mike Harradence
  • 0 Comments

The developer behind God of War: Ascension has said that it believes series protagonist Kratos still has life left in him, despite starring in six core titles in eight years.

God of War debuted on PlayStation 2 back in 2005, and the franchise returns to our screens once again next week with the release of Ascension; a prequel which tells the story of Kratos and his attempts to battle free of the God of War, Ares.

However, despite his lengthy gaming career, Sony Santa Monica Studios doesn’t believe Kratos is ready to retire and mow the lawn just yet.

Speaking to CVG, lead designer Mark Simon commented: "I think there's still life in Kratos. He's a fun character to design games around and I love playing him."

“Yeah, I think the fantasy of Kratos is always compelling. “There’s not many characters that are like him,” concurred lead combat designer, Jason McDonald.

Our review of God of War: Ascension is now live for your viewing pleasure. The game itself is released on March 15, exclusively for PS3.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS