By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW: A scores disappoint; Is it time to worry about The Last of Us?

With the amount of praise and attention this game is getting, there will be a situation similar to what happened with Uncharted 3. A 4/10 score are you kidding me? That website got a lot of hits that day and even I remember their shitty website name….fuckin' A/V Club.

Around the Network

No need to worry, The last of Us's ambitions lay beyond the inclusion of a multiplayer mode.

Journalist are tired of games that do nothing to move the medium forward. GOW:A was GOW3 with slightly improved combat but a crappier campaign.

dahuman said:
Aldro said:
Heavenly_King said:
Weedlab said:
Heavenly_King said:
I am buying 3 copies of GOW:ASCENSION FUCK YEAH!

Post a picture of them when you do. Put a note by the 3 copies as well so we can be sure it's you. :D

I have already paid in full GOW:A CE in the US, but I am in Brazil right now, so considering I want to play it NAO (march 12), I have already pre-ordered a copy here ($75).  And if what SSM said in the blog was an indication of things to come, it might be possible for the game to come to the PSN, so that would be the 3rd copy of the game :D.

Kind of difficult to have a picture side by side considering I wont have my CE untill june. But still, I will try to do that.

I have also 3 copies of GOW3.   the CE, the normal edition, and the GOW SAGA edition (all games plus a statue). XD

I have 2 copies of UC3 :P, a T-shirt, my ps3 has a uc3 theme, 2 rings replica of Drake (one made in stainless steel the other in real silver) xD

I want the explorer edition to go down in price a bit so I can get that one too lol

:D

BASTARD! xD

pezus said:
teigaga said:
No need to worry, The last of Us's ambitions lay beyond the inclusion of a multiplayer mode.

Journalist are tired of games that do nothing to move the medium forward. GOW:A was GOW3 with slightly improved combat but a crappier campaign.

You've played it already? o.O

Well I'm just going off what every single review has said. 

animegaming said:
VGKing said:
animegaming said:
i honestly think people are getting tired of god of war so that might be why it has a 79 but the last of us does look like it will score high and might even get the dayz crowd

There's only been 1 God of War game on PS3 though. How can people be tired of the series? God of War 3 scored in the 90s.

Then there's Gears of War trilogy which have all come out on XBox 360 and they all scored in the 90s. It is ridiculous. I sense a double standard here. I guess shooters get a free pass.

there has been up to this point 6 god of war titles in general and from what i hear there isn't a lot of change between each titles

There is a total of several of God Of War games and thats not including the HD ports.

God of War

God of War 2

God of War 3

God of War: Ascension

God of War: Chains of Olympus

God of War: Ghost of Sparta

God of War: Betrayal

The God of War Collection

God of War: Origin Collection

Around the Network
pezus said:
dukerx2 said:
I think im the only person that has no interest in God of War A and The Last of Us. Ilove Sony and God of War 1-3 but I don't think most people care all that much anymore about GOW. So I think GOW sales will be down from 3 but still decent, The Last of Us 4-5 million lifetime even if it gets 80's on metacritic.

3 years ago a God of War game out and went on to sell 5m, the highest selling one in the series. What makes you think people suddenly don't care? Lower sales are expected for this since it's releasing late in the gen and is a prequel but that's no indicator of people's interest in God of War.

The comment section on articles about GOW A, is where im judging this off of. Im not an expert on trends, im just pointing out that it seems the interest/hype for it is down from other GOW and other gamesbeing released in the next few months.

Dang 79? I thought it would at least get a mid to high 80's.

Nsanity said:
animegaming said:
VGKing said:
animegaming said:
i honestly think people are getting tired of god of war so that might be why it has a 79 but the last of us does look like it will score high and might even get the dayz crowd

There's only been 1 God of War game on PS3 though. How can people be tired of the series? God of War 3 scored in the 90s.

Then there's Gears of War trilogy which have all come out on XBox 360 and they all scored in the 90s. It is ridiculous. I sense a double standard here. I guess shooters get a free pass.

there has been up to this point 6 god of war titles in general and from what i hear there isn't a lot of change between each titles

There is a total of several of God Of War games and thats not including the HD ports.

God of War

God of War 2

God of War 3

God of War is just one of the many examples of milked franchises cough cough CoD and Assassins Creed. 

pezus said:
Nsanity said:
animegaming said:
VGKing said:
animegaming said:

God of War

God of War 2

God of War 3

Not including the HD ports but you still include them? o.O

Betrayal is an old mobile game lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_of_War:_Betrayal

How does that count?

It makes the list longer, therefore he included it

xD

im not particularly fond of GoW but we are putting metascores on a pedestal.

critics rarely affect my buying decisions. if anything i trust people i know on forums a lot more