By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW: A scores disappoint; Is it time to worry about The Last of Us?

I am buying 3 copies of GOW:ASCENSION FUCK YEAH!

Around the Network

That's not a fair comparison beacause God of War and Last of Us aren't being developed by the same team. If Santa Monica didn't release a game that could have got better scores, that doesn't mean Naughty Dog will do the same. And Last of Us is a new I.P, while God of War has been milked to death (there were two GoW games released in 2010...)

I just picked up the God of War Saga at Gamestop as they have a sale till the 11th I believe where it's $20!

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-saga/104052#bonusFeatures

If anyone is interested :p

psrock said:
I'm more disappointed in you guys after 7 years of the console cycle, yet so dependent on reviews. I can guarantee you this game is as good as GOW 3 if not better.

Let it go, a game does not need to be 90+ to be good.

I agree somewhat but I refuse to buy a game day 1 if it's sub 84. Not paying $60 on a game that's only good, and I believe a lot of people are the same way.

im waiting it to hit the $20 mark like with every other PS3 games lately.

AshKetchum1992 said:
That's not a fair comparison beacause God of War and Last of Us aren't being developed by the same team. If Santa Monica didn't release a game that could have got better scores, that doesn't mean Naughty Dog will do the same. And Last of Us is a new I.P, while God of War has been milked to death (there were two GoW games released in 2010...)

different genres, different teams, and a new IP vs. an existing one.  Yeah there's no comparison other than being first party Sony games which is only for console competition comparisons.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Around the Network

I know that Im alone in this but I cant see the appeal for the last of us, to me it looks like a shooter more but that must be because I dont like shooters

bonkers555 said:
psrock said:
I'm more disappointed in you guys after 7 years of the console cycle, yet so dependent on reviews. I can guarantee you this game is as good as GOW 3 if not better.

Let it go, a game does not need to be 90+ to be good.

I agree somewhat but I refuse to buy a game day 1 if it's sub 84. Not paying $60 on a game that's only good, and I believe a lot of people are the same way.

im waiting it to hit the $20 mark like with every other PS3 games lately.

every GoW has been worth $60 for me (well maybe not CoO but I got that in Saga anyway so it was cheap).  You know why?  Because even though they're SP only (and I'll likely only play SP on Ascension) I go back to them once a year at least.  They're epic adventures just like Infamous 1 and 2 and Resistance 3 which scored 85, 83, and 83 on meta respectively, yet I enjoyed them more than any COD or AC this gen.  Hell R&C ACiT is my favorite game this gen and it got an 87 while Demon's Souls, NHL, COD, Madden, Dishonored, Limbo, and many more scored above that and I didn't really enjoy any of them that much.  What I don't get is series fatigue applies to a game that got its last installment in 2010 and adds MP, yet Halo, Cod, Madden, and NHL all score higher when they've changed very little in their yearly releases (ok Halo has at least tried with Spartan Ops and a stronger story in 4 and Reach).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Heavenly_King said:
I am buying 3 copies of GOW:ASCENSION FUCK YEAH!

Post a picture of them when you do. Put a note by the 3 copies as well so we can be sure it's you. :D

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

MANUELF said:
I know that Im alone in this but I cant see the appeal for the last of us, to me it looks like a shooter more but that must be because I dont like shooters

Well the thing is it's really more focused on the relationship between Joel and Ellie, and it deals with the morality of just what exactly a Human being is willing to go through in order to survive. In that kind of stressful situation people are forced to do terrible things, not just to the clickers (infected fungi people) but also to each other.

It has shooting elements but it's not like a typical Zombie shooter game or anything :p

VGKing said:
dahuman said:
If nothing else, it confirms that it was the right decision for me to cancel my pre-order of GoW:A, and I'm sure The Last of Us will be rated higher and more awesome, because I said so!

Do you even own a PS3? Either way, cancelling a game because some reviewers are bored of the games industry is ridiculous. Make up your own mind. Pay attention to the content in the reviews, not the scores. I've seen cases where reviewers say a game is the best in the series yet it is rated lower than the previous games. It doesn't make sense. 

OT: The Last of Us is a new IP an pre-release hype and pre-orders is high. I don't think it will have any problem in getting good reviews. On the other hand God of War Ascension is a prequel to the end of a trilogy. We should have seen this coming months ago. I just hope the game ends up in the mid 80s. There is no way this game deserves a 79/100.

WTF is a PS3? Never heard of it.

I did make up my own mind, I canceled my pre-order like 2 months ago lol. I was pretty disappointed at the later parts of GoW3 and graphics doesn't mean much to me if I have no interest in the game anymore (same reason I didn't pick up Crysis 3, it's like who cares? I don't want to open Origin so EA can fuck off.)