By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's Last 8 core 1st party retail games Average 79 Metacritic - We need to talk

RolStoppable said:
Kresnik said:

JayWood2010 said:

I will since you requested it but once again im only adding core games just like i did with sony

What is a "core" game?

Anything that helps to push Microsoft's average over Sony's.

General note: Please don't encourage JayWood2010 to make more threads.

Rol you are really the best comedian here. I laughed out loud.

Around the Network

I hope next gen games that get below 80 aren't looked at as bad, but that is just wishful thinking.

JWeinCom said:
Kresnik said:

JayWood2010 said:

I will since you requested it but once again im only adding core games just like i did with sony

What is a "core" game?

I think we can use a common sense definition here, and all be realistic about this.  We know that Brain Age is not a "game" in the sense that God of War is and that it's not really useful to compare Wonder Book to New Super Mario Bros.  For the purposes of this topic, I think we can all agree on which games should and shouldn't be included.

Is LittleBigPlanet Karting a core game?

RolStoppable said:
JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:

Wrong.  Those move games woud have lowered sony as well.  

You are right, but don't make more threads like this.

Then i wont.  No problem.  He asked so i was going to.  But i wont for now.  If one more person asks though i will.

JayWood2010 said:

something that is aimed towards more core gamers.

Who are what, exactly?

But you know what, as Rol points out, I withdraw my request for you to make this list.  We don't need another thread on this topic.

I concede, whatever you want.  Just please don't make more threads.

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:
sales2099 said:
4k1x3r said:
sales2099 said:
4k1x3r said:

This doesn't need to be discussed, good games are coming.

Ya your list is broken as this is dealing in 1st party games.

Yea just noticed he said first party, and I deleted my list because you know... I couldn't find 8 first party games recently released...

Working on next gen, but personally id say no point in making games for the sake of making games if you know they are gonna underperform in reviews and sales from a multiplat oriented consumer.

Whatever floats your boat dude.

Ps. Each first party studio has a game for the PS4, that "working on next gen" bullshit is... well bullshit.

I'll quote myself to add this: 94 games published for Sony, 62 for Microsoft, with quite a lot of crap for Kinect (and I took things like Dance Central out because people would bitch about it being a real game, eventhough it's just the same **** for me, and yes, I hate Move games too)

Kresnik said:
JayWood2010 said:

something that is aimed towards more core gamers.

Who are what, exactly?

But you know what, as Rol points out, I withdraw my request for you to make this list.  We don't need another thread on this topic.

I concede, whatever you want.  Just please don't make more threads.

I wont make one.  It saves me time anyways lol  

Core is aimed for your typical gamer.  Then there is party games and casual games. Social isnt really on consoles as far as im aware of.

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
ethomaz said:
What is the point in the OP?

Poke holes in the notion that More exclusives doesnt always mean better. Nevermind the notion that exclusives are automatically expected to sell a lot, thats for another thread.

I see the above list as wasted time, money, and developer effort since none of them are expected to make a significant profit or drive PS3 sales to any meaningful degree.

Oh, but it makes forum dwellwers happy when making EXCLUSIVE LISTS! lol that is exactly why Sony invests millions upon millions, to fuel the list wars :P

Lol, are you for real? I guess that's why they make MLB every year. I guess that is why GoW sells 4-5m with every game. Not going to make profit there lol, but somehow Forza: Horizon was a good idea.

MLB sells enough to eek out a profit given how little work they do between releases. Annual sports franchises require the least amount of effort and mximum return via fans of said sports. A nice exception to the rule. Doesnt make it a system seller though.

I seriously doubt God of war ascension sales will have the legs of part 3. I will hold you to that prediction in the coming weeks.

Forza Horizon outsold any single PS3 exclusive of 2012 and surely will make its own profit, if not allready done so.

Dude. Look at the hardware sales week after week. What is selling the PS3? That's right: Europe and Japan brand loyalites

I did not predict anything. In fact, I expect it to sell maybe around 3m or so this time around because it's a prequel. But 3m is way more than enough to make a profit and then some.

Of course, Forza profited but somehow GoW won't. 

Fair enough with the rest of your point, but we all know why PS3 outsells 360 globally, and it aint the exclusives.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
JWeinCom said:
pezus said:
JWeinCom said:
This seems about right. Sony is an above average developer, but not an amazing one. Most of their games are good (which these scores reflect) some of the are very bad, and a few are amazing.

Sony isn't a developer.

Nintendo with 77 the same then (all games). Good.

Last 8 retail games published by Nintendo: 76.

Are people expecting an average above 80 or 90 or what?

I guess I meant developer in the broader sense of conglomeration of developers.  Or publisher if you like.  W/e.

What were the last 8 retail games published by Nintendo?

http://www.metacritic.com/company/nintendo?filter-options=games&num_items=30&sort_options=date

You will excuse me counting 3DS+Wii+WiiU games because there haven't been that many recent ones on Wii/WiiU:

Brain Age: Concentration Training - 73
Fire Emblem: Awakening - 92
NSMBU - 84
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge - 70
SiNG Party - 59
Nintendo Land - 77
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 75
(Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive!) - 63 but seems to be a retail release of a digital game
Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 82

Last 8 retail games: 76.5 (74 if you count the retail release of the digital game (like JayWood does himself for PS games)

Average career score: 77

Uhhh half of those those aren't 1st party retail. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:
Kresnik said:

JayWood2010 said:

What is a "core" game?

Wrong.  Those move games woud have lowered sony as well.  

Meanwhile doing the same for Nintendo and Microsoft would have most likely given us something more glaring to talk about.

I suspect your MSFT list to include multiple entries of Halo and Forza due to these rules.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!