By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's Last 8 core 1st party retail games Average 79 Metacritic - We need to talk

sales2099 said:
pezus said:

Dude. Look at the hardware sales week after week. What is selling the PS3? That's right: Europe and Japan brand loyalites

I did not predict anything. In fact, I expect it to sell maybe around 3m or so this time around because it's a prequel. But 3m is way more than enough to make a profit and then some.

Of course, Forza profited but somehow GoW won't. 

Fair enough with the rest of your point, but we all know why PS3 outsells 360 globally, and it aint the exclusives.

Why is it then?

Around the Network
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
pezus said:

Dude. Look at the hardware sales week after week. What is selling the PS3? That's right: Europe and Japan brand loyalites

I did not predict anything. In fact, I expect it to sell maybe around 3m or so this time around because it's a prequel. But 3m is way more than enough to make a profit and then some.

Of course, Forza profited but somehow GoW won't. 

Fair enough with the rest of your point, but we all know why PS3 outsells 360 globally, and it aint the exclusives.

Oh, right. *Rolls eyes*

Only reason the PS3 is top dog is because of loyalties, but games sell 360. 

The top games on PS3 are mostly multiplats, also on 360. Then you look at central Europe and especially Japan.....you gonna tell me loyalty has nothing to do with it? NM...not so much loyalty as brand mindshare/familiarity.

Then you look at America and you're telling me loyalty has nothing to do with it? Seriously, you're not arguing anything here.

American culture is far different then central europe and japan. but w/e.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:
Euphoria14 said:
JayWood2010 said:
RolStoppable said:
Kresnik said:

JayWood2010 said:

I will since you requested it but once again im only adding core games just like i did with sony

What is a "core" game?

Anything that helps to push Microsoft's average over Sony's.

General note: Please don't encourage JayWood2010 to make more threads.

Wrong.  Those move games woud have lowered sony as well.  

Meanwhile doing the same for Nintendo and Microsoft would have most likely given us something more glaring to talk about.

I suspect your MSFT list to include multiple entries of Halo and Forza due to these rules.

Do you all want me to do a MSFT and nintendo one as well? Some people want sme to and others dont

All retail games should be included. No exclusions for being Kinect or Move. Those are part of the consoles so their games should most definitely be considered or else any sort of list is unfairly skewed to one side.

My point was towards core gamers.  Ill do kinect titles for microsoft though. Im still not including move titles in this thread though because this was never geared towards casual players.

Sony boys in full defence because their so great exclusives don't score that good ;)

this post was moderated by axumblade (also in relation to the fact you admitted to flaming Sony fans later on in the thread)

pezus said:
tbone51 said:
@pezus

Did you really put Sing Party? Really lmao

Yeah, why not? I'm all for Jay adding Move games, they won't change the score much for Sony. The casual games will change it for Nintendo and MS though...

I believe the point of this topic is to discuss how Sony's big awesome games are dropping in quality.  Not about showing which company released more "kiddy" crap or games that are not games reviewers or people on this site would care to play.  Thus why not counting Sing Party.  I doubt a single person on this site even considered that game as a purchase, let alone half probably never even heard of it.

It's a list of games that "we" care about and their ratings.  No one cares about kinetimals or sing party.  So they are pointless in the list.  Everyone will see it and be like "WTF tehy doing there"

They want to see a list of Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo's big guns and their ratings. 

Also it's not about 1st party developer or publishing.  It's about it being an exclusive IP of the company.  Doesn't matter who makes Mario.  Everyone knows mario is a Nintendo game.  Doesn't matter who makes Little Big Planet, everyone knows its a Sony game.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Damn, the PlayStation crew went bananas in here!

JayWood - I would applaud a comparison of all three, just to put things in perspective. That and so I won't have to see your head on a silver platter later.

It's done too late.  People want me dead lol Im working on a MSFT one unfortunately.  I only did core titles for PS and i wasnt planning on doing move titles but people are going to be mad as hell if i dont include kinect titles too -_- This wasnt geared towards casuals.  

JayWood2010 said:
Euphoria14 said:

All retail games should be included. No exclusions for being Kinect or Move. Those are part of the consoles so their games should most definitely be considered or else any sort of list is unfairly skewed to one side.

My point was towards core gamers.  Ill do kinect titles for microsoft though. Im still not including move titles in this thread though because this was never geared towards casual players.

Well, then this thread serves little purpose. It is no different than the Metacritic thread by Sales2099 to show who has better exclusives, BUT, we can not include any of those exclusives that scored under a 70...

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

CGI-Quality said:
maximrace said:
Sony boys in full defence because their so great exclusives don't score that good ;)

Oh, how this may come back to bite if Gears: J is hammered by reviewers. ;)

Nope. I set the hype level at low 80s. 360 fans are more level headed.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I think its simply a case of Sony relying on lessor studios whilst they key developers begin work on ps4 titles. 8 decent exclusives are better then none, but I think it'd make more sense next time for them to focus on Quality instead of quantity. Who green lit titles like Star Hawk anyway?? Many of these games had visibly low-mid tier budgets for $60 1st party releases, I hope they're smarter with their investments in future. They are best when they're trying to push the boundaries as opposed to simply shitting out titles for the sake of it.

The only score that has any significance is God of War because Santa Monica is one of their most cherished Dev teams. It should be noted that the team was split in 2, the other side is working on a new ps4 IP. I think the team working God of War just got complacent, they thought multiplayer was enough to warrant another instalment.

well even 4/10 CoD on Vita with less than 1/15 install base sells better than most of this, Sony fans are true elite, hands down