By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's Last 8 core 1st party retail games Average 79 Metacritic - We need to talk

I don't know where to begin. Everything is wrong with the OP.

Lack of research, confirmation bias, arbitrary rules...

Just picking the last 8 games listed on wikipedia published by MS and Sony, Kinect and Move included:

MS: 72.5

Sony: 76.6

Wow, MS what is going on?

-.-

Around the Network

The list should not be 8 games, or any # you can think of.

It should be games released SINCE X date. Use 1 year for example. Have it be all games that Sony was in charge of from 3/7/12 to 3/7/13.

And when I mean in charge of I mean a game that when you talk about it or think of it, you think of it as a Sony game. Let's take Playstation All Star Battle Royale or Smash for example. The game has to be a game that you would consider that person as a character that could go in that game and consider it a Sony IP and not a 3rd party. In Smash it would be the Link and not the Sonic. In PSASBR, it would be the Kratos and not the Cloud.

(replace Sony, with either Nintendo or Microsoft in my sentences)

pezus said:
irstupid said:
The list should not be 8 games, or any # you can think of.

It should be games released SINCE X date. Use 1 year for example. Have it be all games that Sony was in charge of from 3/7/12 to 3/7/13.

And when I mean in charge of I mean a game that when you talk about it or think of it, you think of it as a Sony game. Let's take Playstation All Star Battle Royale or Smash for example. The game has to be a game that you would consider that person as a character that could go in that game and consider it a Sony IP and not a 3rd party. In Smash it would be the Link and not the Sonic. In PSASBR, it would be the Kratos and not the Cloud.

(replace Sony, with either Nintendo or Microsoft in my sentences)

Retail only or both retail and digital?

I would say seperate them.  Keep teh $50 or $60 whatever games in tehir own category and the $15 games or whatever digital games as their own.

Dallinor said:

Just picking the last 8 games listed on wikipedia published by MS and Sony, Kinect and Move included:

-.-

Oh, so the real reason he excluded Move titles is because with them the average would have been higher!

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

pezus said:
Aldro said:
maximrace said:
CGI-Quality said:
maximrace said:
Sony boys in full defence because their so great exclusives don't score that good ;)

Oh, how this may come back to bite if Gears: J is hammered by reviewers. ;)

Why that? I have never said gears will be great. It's just irritating that sony fans always bash the other products and say ps is the best while in fact it isn't like this list proves.

What about this list? (Courtesy of a VGC user, cant remember his name)

Priceless

Why is 2009 MS empty?

Guy clearly doesnt give a shit about Forza xD. Even with it in 11 and 09 -> ..The "point" still stands :P
God he needs to post more.

Hell just take a look at this list => http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149333

Around the Network
pezus said:
Dallinor said:

-.-

Can you tell us what game is #9 if we don't include Move? Is it Uncharted 3 like I thought? That adds even more to the selection bias lol (this is the definition of selection bias, not calling Jaywood biased, but the selected sample)

Yeah going by his list which didn't seem to be including game collections the 9th game is Uncharted 3.

pezus said:
@Jaywood: Read my gosh darn posts!! Drop Ratchet since it's a $15 PSN game, add MLB the Show 12.

He's too busy creating more threads.

Dallinor said:
pezus said:
Dallinor said:

-.-

Can you tell us what game is #9 if we don't include Move? Is it Uncharted 3 like I thought? That adds even more to the selection bias lol (this is the definition of selection bias, not calling Jaywood biased, but the selected sample)

Yeah going by his list which didn't seem to be including game collections the 9th game is Uncharted 3.

pezus said:
Dallinor said:
pezus said:
Dallinor said:

-.-

Classic! I knew it lol. Why don't we count last two games only? . Then the average would be comfortably over 80

Not to mention the streak is likely to end in June with The Last Of Us whereas MS.. is.. .I mean what is there? Asuming Judgment doesnt do too well xD

EDIT: ERR Gears isnt even first party right? LOL

I'd like to see their faces when Gears of War Judgement gets panned. It's gonna be gooooooood.