By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3's Last 8 core 1st party retail games Average 79 Metacritic - We need to talk

This doesn't need to be discussed, good games are coming.

Around the Network

It's 75.6 now! Round that shit up to 76!!!

4k1x3r said:

Ya your list is broken as this is dealing in 1st party games.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
4k1x3r said:

Yea just noticed he said first party, and I deleted my list because you know... I couldn't find 8 first party games recently released...

4k1x3r said:
sales2099 said:
4k1x3r said:

Yea just noticed he said first party, and I deleted my list because you know... I couldn't find 8 first party games recently released...

Working on next gen, but personally id say no point in making games for the sake of making games if you know they are gonna underperform in reviews and sales from a multiplat oriented consumer.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
4k1x3r said:
sales2099 said:
4k1x3r said:

Working on next gen, but personally id say no point in making games for the sake of making games if you know they are gonna underperform in reviews and sales from a multiplat oriented consumer.

Whatever floats your boat dude.

Ps. Each first party studio has a game for the PS4, that "working on next gen" bullshit is... well bullshit.

For an accurate comparison, try Microsoft's and Nintendo's 1st party last 8 games as well.

EDIT:Console only so WiiU and Wii. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

pezus said:
JWeinCom said:
This seems about right. Sony is an above average developer, but not an amazing one. Most of their games are good (which these scores reflect) some of the are very bad, and a few are amazing.

Sony isn't a developer.

Nintendo with 77 the same then (all games). Good.

Last 8 retail games published by Nintendo: 76.

Are people expecting an average above 80 or 90 or what?

I guess I meant developer in the broader sense of conglomeration of developers.  Or publisher if you like.  W/e.

What were the last 8 retail games published by Nintendo?

pezus said:
pezus said:
What. That's not PS3's last 8 retail games. Even if it was, what's there to discuss? 75 average over 8 games is a good average, and above what the PS3/Wii/360 got on average last year (~68-70)
But why do you count R&C as a retail game? It's a PSN game that just so happens to be available via retail

I'm sorry for quoting myself, but...

What the fuck kind of average do people want over many games? MS and Nintendo averages are no better. We need to discuss that too

Im not sure of eithr one of them.  Its been a while since nintendo has released anyhing on the Wii and the wiiu hasnt done great.  Notice i did not include move games like the notebook game or sorcery.  Id do the same with MSFt and not include kinect.  I only inlcuded core games

A quick calculation puts Microsoft's total also at 76.

I'll be expecting your thread to talk about it any minute.

And don't forget Nintendo in the interests of being unbiased.