By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I #standwithrand to protest drone killings (TEXAS STRAIGHT TALK VIDEO)

He's prolly gonna get a hellfire missile in his ass soon.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:
spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:

Hey guys - arguing with him seems quite useless. In other countries there is some mystical blind devotion to the state by the people. Likely because there has been vast influence by mobocratic populist parties and statist groups in general. They believe that they can change their governments through the electoral process, and that should be the main role of the people. We - in the United States - on the other hand believe strongly in individual liberties and a restrictive government, and this is true as a population - excluding certain statist extremists. That is why Rand Paul received the massive support he had received. So when he [the foreigner] is criticizing what he thinks to be Republican values (which was ironically the liberal position during the Bush era) he's really criticizing the values of a large portion of one of the leading Western federations in history.

I agree with Rand Paul on this one but name one country where libertarian ideas have worked and from what I've seen it has never has and has ended in complete disaster. There is a middle ground. Some issues he's great, some he is a complete idiot.

Define libertarian ideals first. Our country is based on the classical liberal(a subset of the libertarian bracket) ideology, and was quite successful because of this. Not all libertarians are anarcho-capitalists. The overwhelming majority in the U.S are just constitutionalists who believe in individuals rights and the proper procedure of checks and balances. 

Thats the problem defining libertarian ideas is going to be different for all people. I think of Free market ideas, Which is dumb because the word is a oxi moron. Governments establish markets and without rules, proof 2008. Actually from 1930-1980 (Reagan happened.) we had harder laws on a lot of things and before that we where not the super power we are now. We became that way because the goverment has a massive role to play. 1930s government had people planting trees and doing massive jobs bills to offset the crash. The goverment should creates jobs of last resort. We need massive infrastructure bills. Sorry went on a rant but I think people have got so anti gov. that they can't see past their shoes.

However a lot of people saying their constitutionalist always care about their rights not when their rights effect others and there lies the problem with Rand Paul and his dad.

I see problem after problem with his views stepping all over other people's rights. I have a right to swing my arm but when my arm hits your face I have now violated your rights. People seem to have a problem with this concept.

Nothing the governemnt did helped us get out of the great recession, unless you want to attribute WW1 to them.

The first world war is what got us out of the recession, and the second world war is what put us as the top country in the world economically. 

FAIL!!!!

THE INTERSTATE

SUBSIDIZING OIL AND RAILS SYSTEMS.

IN WISCONSIN YOU CAN SEE THE TREE'S THEY PLANTED.

SEE THE PROBLEM IS A GOVERNMENT IS NOT A BUSINESS. PEOPLE LIKE YOU CAN'T SEE PAST THAT.  EVERYTHING THE GOVERNMENT DOES EFFECTS THE ECONOMY.

WHY BITCH ABOUT ANYTHING THEY DO THAN??????????

We owed massive dept once we got of out WW2, how do you think we Paid it off? WE OUT GREW OUR DEBT AND LOT OF THAT IS FROM GOVERMENT WORK. 

GOVERNMENT IS NOT LIKE A HOUSEHOLD AND THEIR BILLS.  Forget it, I see most in here don't understand economics unless it's funded by the rich right wing that know whats best.

NO GOVERNMENT IN HISTORY HAS CUT THEM SELFS TO PROSPERITY, EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ALWAYS OUTGROW THEIR DEBT. WHEN THE ECCONOMY IS IN GOOD STANDINGS, THAN YOU CUT. WE HAVE KNOWN THIS SINCE THE 1930'S BUT REPUBLICANS HAVE BENT THAT ALL OUT OF SHAPE AND USE LOW INFORMATION VOTERS TO PUSH THEIR ISSUES.

Somebody actually posted this: "Nothing the governemnt did helped us get out of the great recession, unless you want to attribute WW1 to them."

I'm not even sure if they meant "great depression" or the recent "great recession." Whoever wrote that, please just Exit Through the Giftshop.

That is literally the type of nonsense rhetoric you hear from the right.... Just wow. Wow.....

So long as someone is a threat to the United States and her people, I am fine with them being wiped out.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
I stopped reading at "fat fuckin mongoloid robert gibbs." Althought i did see the word "cunt" somewhere down there.

Poor guy. His boss just killed a kid, and he was all like, "LOL, whatevs." But just because he's a heartless creep doesn't mean he deserves to have it pointed out that he's also a cretinous fatbody. So I apologize.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
If you can't refrain from attacking someone you disagree with on such a personal, vindictive basis...maybe you shouldn't be here lol. I mean I know you probably look like a regular Brad Pitt, but still...
GuerrillaGamesX2 previously derped:
This is retarded. Waste of money and time. He's wasting money every second he's standing there on the floor, spewing this right-wing, redneck propaganda. I'm so tired of pathetic republicans senators and house representatives WASTING time and filibustering everything.

Around the Network

Why are you guys making this a right vs. left dichotomy? During the Bush administration it was the left who were complaining about Guantanamo and the Patriot Act, which are nowhere near as devastating as the ability to kill passive citizens within the U.S without due process of law, but in my opinon are horrible as well.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
Somebody actually posted this: "Nothing the governemnt did helped us get out of the great recession, unless you want to attribute WW1 to them."

I'm not even sure if they meant "great depression" or the recent "great recession." Whoever wrote that, please just Exit Through the Giftshop.

That is literally the type of nonsense rhetoric you hear from the right.... Just wow. Wow.....

Site error.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

a low information voter is a low information voter. Most of this site is exactly that.

Goverments establish markets, without them you can't have one. So everything goverments do effect jobs and the economy. LOL

Amazing people we got on VGchartz. LOL

Exit the gift shop and no candy.

badgenome said:
GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
I stopped reading at "fat fuckin mongoloid robert gibbs." Althought i did see the word "cunt" somewhere down there.

Poor guy. His boss just killed a kid, and he was all like, "LOL, whatevs." But just because he's a heartless creep doesn't mean he deserves to have it pointed out that he's also a cretinous fatbody. So I apologize.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
If you can't refrain from attacking someone you disagree with on such a personal, vindictive basis...maybe you shouldn't be here lol. I mean I know you probably look like a regular Brad Pitt, but still...
GuerrillaGamesX2 previously derped:
This is retarded. Waste of money and time. He's wasting money every second he's standing there on the floor, spewing this right-wing, redneck propaganda. I'm so tired of pathetic republicans senators and house representatives WASTING time and filibustering everything.

Doesn't it feel good to use FACTS as opposed to RHETORIC to point out the flaws in your opponents statements. My toothless boy is learning lol!

sc94597 said:

Why are you guys making this a right vs. left dichotomy? During the Bush administration it was the left who were complaining about Guantanamo and the Patriot Act, which are nowhere near as devastating as the ability to kill passive citizens within the U.S without due process of law, but in my opinon are horrible as well.

Because the guy in the White House has a (D) after his name, so they goosestep along like good little boys and girls. But if Romney had won and Ron Wyden pulled this on him, you can bet they'd be on board.

Party politics is literally the only explanation here, or else you have to believe that the left is largely comprised of people who are horrified by wire-tapping people without a warrant or pouring water up their noses, but not at all bothered by incinerating them without so much as the faintest trace of due process. They may not be smart, but they are not that not smart.