By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I #standwithrand to protest drone killings (TEXAS STRAIGHT TALK VIDEO)

sc94597 said:

We - in the United States - on the other hand believe strongly in individual liberties and a restrictive government, and this is true as a population - excluding certain statist extremists.

Pfffft, I wish.

And from the way he's talking ("giving economic competitors a way to fuck us"), I'm pretty sure he's American.

Around the Network

You linked an american citizen who had ties to a terrorist organization? That was your "PROOF" that americans are being targeted with no remorse? Really? The terrorist? Come on.... Flimsy at best, even you could admit that.

Step out of fantasy land for a second and pretend like you know anything about politics lol. When Rand Paul talks about "americans being targeted" he's eluding to "mom and pop" being murdered in their home. Not a TERRORIST who plotted against the US. He's justifying HIS ideology by using overblown rhetoric. Can you NOT see that?

It's a political reality that Obama would be disgraced if he admitted to something like that. It's a fact. What's your BRILLIANT politcal mind telling him to do, "just go with it?" That's stupid. That's what leads me to believe that you're just venting frustration as opposed to actually THINKING your way through this lol.

You'd be a great recruit for republicans, you're set on one issue that drives you, without actually taking the time to THINK things through. I wanna hear your response.

badgenome said:
sc94597 said:

We - in the United States - on the other hand believe strongly in individual liberties and a restrictive government, and this is true as a population - excluding certain statist extremists.

Pfffft, I wish.

And from the way he's talking ("giving economic competitors a way to fuck us"), I'm pretty sure he's American.

I still think it is quite true for the overwhelming majority of people. Most people tend to be far less authoritarian than our politicians would like us to believe. It's just that it is a struggle to vote for liberty-minded candidates who actually act out their rhetoric.  Regardless, the sentiment is much stronger here in the U.S than in most of Western Europe (excluding the likes of Switzerland and a few other countries.) Also his profile say the United Kingdom, but I suppose I shouldn't assume that it is truthful or representative of his real origins.

sc94597 said:

Hey guys - arguing with him seems quite useless. In other countries there is some mystical blind devotion to the state by the people. Likely because there has been vast influence by mobocratic populist parties and statist groups in general. They believe that they can change their governments through the electoral process, and that should be the main role of the people. We - in the United States - on the other hand believe strongly in individual liberties and a restrictive government, and this is true as a population - excluding certain statist extremists. That is why Rand Paul received the massive support he had received. So when he [the foreigner] is criticizing what he thinks to be Republican values (which was ironically the liberal position during the Bush era) he's really criticizing the values of a large portion of one of the leading Western federations in history.

No, lol. You should probably stay out of this. Believe me, you shouldn't attempt to speak for the united states. Trying to use buzz terms like "Individual rights and restrictive governments." Time to step into 2013 lol.

Thanks in advance.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
You linked an american citizen who had ties to a terrorist organization? That was your "PROOF" that americans are being targeted with no remorse? Really? The terrorist? Come on.... Flimsy at best, even you could admit that.

Step out of fantasy land for a second and pretend like you know anything about politics lol. When Rand Paul talks about "americans being targeted" he's eluding to "mom and pop" being murdered in their home. Not a TERRORIST who plotted against the US. He's justifying HIS ideology by using overblown rhetoric. Can you NOT see that?

It's a political reality that Obama would be disgraced if he admitted to something like that. It's a fact. What's your BRILLIANT politcal mind telling him to do, "just go with it?" That's stupid. That's what leads me to believe that you're just venting frustration as opposed to actually THINKING your way through this lol.

You'd be a great recruit for republicans, you're set on one issue that drives you, without actually taking the time to THINK things through. I wanna hear your response.

So we wait until something happens (when it will be too late) until we clarify things? You obviously don't understand how U.S common law works in that case. The idea of due process originated 800 years ago, and has been the default in all anglosphere countries since. 

Around the Network
GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
sc94597 said:

Hey guys - arguing with him seems quite useless. In other countries there is some mystical blind devotion to the state by the people. Likely because there has been vast influence by mobocratic populist parties and statist groups in general. They believe that they can change their governments through the electoral process, and that should be the main role of the people. We - in the United States - on the other hand believe strongly in individual liberties and a restrictive government, and this is true as a population - excluding certain statist extremists. That is why Rand Paul received the massive support he had received. So when he [the foreigner] is criticizing what he thinks to be Republican values (which was ironically the liberal position during the Bush era) he's really criticizing the values of a large portion of one of the leading Western federations in history.

No, lol. You should probably stay out of this. Believe me, you shouldn't attempt to speak for the united states. Trying to use buzz terms like "Individual rights and restrictive governments." Time to step into 2013 lol.

Thanks in advance.

Right, because now that we live in 2013 it is alright to not have the negative liberty to life and the positive liberty to due process of law? 

I can't stand Rand Paul but he is right on this one. No one should be Judge, Jury and Executioner.
This patriot act sh-t needs to go.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

The entire fillibuster is about the authority to target US citizens on US soil.  Again, it's about authority.  Does a president have the authority to have a US citizen executed without due process?  No charges, no trial, no jury, no judge...just execution.   It's not about it already happeneing...or even the liklihood that it would ever happen but the mere fact of having that authority to do it.

EDIT: Would you want Bush with that kind of authority?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

sc94597 said:

I agree with Rand Paul on this one but name one country where libertarian ideas have worked and from what I've seen it has never has and has ended in complete disaster. There is a middle ground. Some issues he's great, some he is a complete idiot.

I can sum it up for the people on here who clearly don't understand the subject, or are just speaking out of ideology.

Use deductive reasoning as opposed to inductive. Inductive is what I'm seeing from randoms, who are bitterly stalwart in their ideological perspective. You're not actually THINKING lol, that's the problem.

Google those terms btw, I doubt you know what they mean. Not to take a "shot" at you...