By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - I #standwithrand to protest drone killings (TEXAS STRAIGHT TALK VIDEO)

spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:

Hey guys - arguing with him seems quite useless. In other countries there is some mystical blind devotion to the state by the people. Likely because there has been vast influence by mobocratic populist parties and statist groups in general. They believe that they can change their governments through the electoral process, and that should be the main role of the people. We - in the United States - on the other hand believe strongly in individual liberties and a restrictive government, and this is true as a population - excluding certain statist extremists. That is why Rand Paul received the massive support he had received. So when he [the foreigner] is criticizing what he thinks to be Republican values (which was ironically the liberal position during the Bush era) he's really criticizing the values of a large portion of one of the leading Western federations in history.

I agree with Rand Paul on this one but name one country where libertarian ideas have worked and from what I've seen it has never has and has ended in complete disaster. There is a middle ground. Some issues he's great, some he is a complete idiot.

Define libertarian ideals first. Our country is based on the classical liberal(a subset of the libertarian bracket) ideology, and was quite successful because of this. Not all libertarians are anarcho-capitalists. The overwhelming majority in the U.S are just constitutionalists who believe in individuals rights and the proper procedure of checks and balances. 

Around the Network
GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
You linked an american citizen who had ties to a terrorist organization? That was your "PROOF" that americans are being targeted with no remorse? Really? The terrorist? Come on.... Flimsy at best, even you could admit that.

Step out of fantasy land for a second and pretend like you know anything about politics lol. When Rand Paul talks about "americans being targeted" he's eluding to "mom and pop" being murdered in their home. Not a TERRORIST who plotted against the US. He's justifying HIS ideology by using overblown rhetoric. Can you NOT see that?

It's a political reality that Obama would be disgraced if he admitted to something like that. It's a fact. What's your BRILLIANT politcal mind telling him to do, "just go with it?" That's stupid. That's what leads me to believe that you're just venting frustration as opposed to actually THINKING your way through this lol.

You'd be a great recruit for republicans, you're set on one issue that drives you, without actually taking the time to THINK things through. I wanna hear your response.

I agree with you on some of that but if the power fails into the wrong hands and starts really killing whoever they want. Then what? They need to have oversight, Some oversight. You can't just be Judge, Juror and Excutioner.  This law is horrible and yes I agree terrorist should be taken out but their needs to be a panel or people who have oversight. Also their needs to be a time period for the person to turn them selfs in. Publicize it.

spaceguy said:
GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
You linked an american citizen who had ties to a terrorist organization? That was your "PROOF" that americans are being targeted with no remorse? Really? The terrorist? Come on.... Flimsy at best, even you could admit that.

Step out of fantasy land for a second and pretend like you know anything about politics lol. When Rand Paul talks about "americans being targeted" he's eluding to "mom and pop" being murdered in their home. Not a TERRORIST who plotted against the US. He's justifying HIS ideology by using overblown rhetoric. Can you NOT see that?

It's a political reality that Obama would be disgraced if he admitted to something like that. It's a fact. What's your BRILLIANT politcal mind telling him to do, "just go with it?" That's stupid. That's what leads me to believe that you're just venting frustration as opposed to actually THINKING your way through this lol.

You'd be a great recruit for republicans, you're set on one issue that drives you, without actually taking the time to THINK things through. I wanna hear your response.

I agree with you on some of that but if the power fails into the wrong hands and starts really killing whoever they want. Then what? They need to have oversight, Some oversight. You can't just be Judge, Juror and Excutioner.  This law is horrible and yes I agree terrorist should be taken out but their needs to be a panel or people who have oversight. Also their needs to be a time period for the person to turn them selfs in. Publicize it.

See, at least that is a resonable, logical way to approach this topic. When I see comments like "Rand Paul rocks." That type of simplistic blind eyed support doesn't belong in a discussion. Suddenly Obama turns into the next Richard Nixon lol?... you wanna tell these people to get a life lol.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

And we know he was a terrorist so much that we didn't even have to prove it before we killed him!

Awlaki may have indeed been a bad guy. Probably was, in fact. But pro-tip: due process isn't for the guilty, it's for the innocent.

Besides that, he was a preacher, not an operational leader. Certainly not an imminent threat. From what we know of his activities, there is really no difference between Obama killing him and if, say, LBJ had killed all those fuckhead college kids for marching around waving Viet Cong flags.

Not only was Awlaki killed, but so was his teenaged son. Who was also a U.S. citizen. What was the administration's response to this fact? That fat fucking mongoloid Robert Gibbs just glibly said something to the effect of, "Get a better father next time, loser!"

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

No, he's not. He's saying that it is a remarkably bad idea to accept the president's assertion that he is empowered to kill citizens without due process. Which is a remarkably reasonable position. If any other country on the planet was doing this, Obama would be the first to denounce it and give another of his torpid, interminable speeches about how he used to be a constitutional scholar and blah blah blah.

That he was in a rush to codify the process for drone strikes when he was afraid he might lose the election was a pretty good indicator that he knows his policy is insane bullshit, and he wouldn't trust Romney with the same power he had asserted for himself. One of many examples of how he flauts rule of law and favors rule of man, so long as that man is him.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
It's a political reality that Obama would be disgraced if he admitted to something like that.

Then maybe the cunt shouldn't do it.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

Man. I never really thought about that before. I actually care about principles and not whether Red Team or Blue Team is benefitting. What kind of whackjob am I?

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:

Hey guys - arguing with him seems quite useless. In other countries there is some mystical blind devotion to the state by the people. Likely because there has been vast influence by mobocratic populist parties and statist groups in general. They believe that they can change their governments through the electoral process, and that should be the main role of the people. We - in the United States - on the other hand believe strongly in individual liberties and a restrictive government, and this is true as a population - excluding certain statist extremists. That is why Rand Paul received the massive support he had received. So when he [the foreigner] is criticizing what he thinks to be Republican values (which was ironically the liberal position during the Bush era) he's really criticizing the values of a large portion of one of the leading Western federations in history.

I agree with Rand Paul on this one but name one country where libertarian ideas have worked and from what I've seen it has never has and has ended in complete disaster. There is a middle ground. Some issues he's great, some he is a complete idiot.

Define libertarian ideals first. Our country is based on the classical liberal(a subset of the libertarian bracket) ideology, and was quite successful because of this. Not all libertarians are anarcho-capitalists. The overwhelming majority in the U.S are just constitutionalists who believe in individuals rights and the proper procedure of checks and balances. 

Thats the problem defining libertarian ideas is going to be different for all people. I think of Free market ideas, Which is dumb because the word is a oxi moron. Governments establish markets and without rules, proof 2008. Actually from 1930-1980 (Reagan happened.) we had harder laws on a lot of things and before that we where not the super power we are now. We became that way because the goverment has a massive role to play. 1930s government had people planting trees and doing massive jobs bills to offset the crash. The goverment should creates jobs of last resort. We need massive infrastructure bills. Sorry went on a rant but I think people have got so anti gov. that they can't see past their shoes.

However a lot of people saying their constitutionalist always care about their rights not when their rights effect others and there lies the problem with Rand Paul and his dad.

I see problem after problem with his views stepping all over other people's rights. I have a right to swing my arm but when my arm hits your face I have now violated your rights. People seem to have a problem with this concept.

GuerrillaGamesX2 said:
spaceguy said:
GuerrillaGamesX2 said:

See, at least that is a resonable, logical way to approach this topic. When I see comments like "Rand Paul rocks." That type of simplistic blind eyed support doesn't belong in a discussion. Suddenly Obama turns into the next Richard Nixon lol?... you wanna tell these people to get a life lol.

OH I'm not a fan of Rand Paul and this is one of the only issues I agree with him but you have to go by issue. You can't just rule someone out, your going to agree on somethings and that is where you can find common ground.

spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:
spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:

Thats the problem defining libertarian ideas is going to be different for all people. I think of Free market ideas, Which is dumb because the word is a oxi moron. Governments establish markets and without rules, proof 2008. Actually from 1930-1980 (Reagan happened.) we had harder laws on a lot of things and before that we where not the super power we are now. We became that way because the goverment has a massive role to play. 1930s government had people planting trees and doing massive jobs bills to offset the crash. The goverment should creates jobs of last resort. We need massive infrastructure bills. Sorry went on a rant but I think people have got so anti gov. that they can't see past their shoes.

However a lot of people saying their constitutionalist always care about their rights not when their rights effect others and there lies the problem with Rand Paul and his dad.

I see problem after problem with his views stepping all over other people's rights. I have a right to swing my arm but when my arm hits your face I have now violated your rights. People seem to have a problem with this concept.

Nothing the governemnt did helped us get out of the great recession, unless you want to attribute WW1 to them.

The first world war is what got us out of the recession, and the second world war is what put us as the top country in the world economically. 

spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:
spaceguy said:
sc94597 said:

Your first concerns were that of keyneysian vs. neo-liberalism. I'll keep away from economics, since it's a huge striated topic with a technical basis as well as a political basis. 

As far as I recall, both Ron Paul and Rand Paul adhere to the non-agression principle, which means if rights are infringed upon the state's responsibility is to fix it, in the instance that there is a state (let's ignore anarchism.) That is why we have laws and people go to prison. One must distinguish between rights and entitlements though, and that's what many researchers have done, are doing, and continue to do. That doesn't mean the concept of liberty is defunct or false though. It just means we need to work hard to maximize liberty. 

I stopped reading at "fat fuckin mongoloid robert gibbs." Althought i did see the word "cunt" somewhere down there.

If you can't refrain from attacking someone you disagree with on such a personal, vindictive basis...maybe you shouldn't be here lol. I mean I know you probably look like a regular Brad Pitt, but still....

You seem like a very typical voter, upset by alot, but not aware of the realities of our political system. You gettin Killzone: Shadowfall?