By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What Will Be The Best Selling Wii Game? (Excluding WiiSports and WiiFit)

@supermario128

Those look like pretty good predictions too, considering how the wii is doing, they could easily sell that many.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

Super Smash Bros Melee was the best selling game for the Game Cube.. So it'll probably be Brawl :)

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

csir said:
Super Smash Bros Melee was the best selling game for the Game Cube.. So it'll probably be Brawl :)

actually mario kart double dash was the best selling gc game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Well in Wikipedia it says it's Melee. I know it's not a good source so it's probably wrong.

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Melee and Double Dash are so close to each other in sales, that the difference is within the error margin of just about any source you can find. Most people just say the one they like better sold more. =P

My revised estimate: Barring something truly phenominal happening, the 3 or so games on the Wii are going to have names starting with Wii. The next 3 are going to be Brawl, Galaxy, and Mario Kart, but I have no idea of the order.

Around the Network

Animal Crossing, folks! If you're listing Brawl, list Animal Crossing.

AC DS 9.20M and counting
Melee 6.58M
Smash 64 5.55M
AC GC 2.49M

Animal Crossing has grown huge since Melee came out. It isn't just going to drop back to GC numbers after exploding on DS. It should be in the same range as Brawl.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

That much for Galaxy?

Well, if it sells like it does now it's not impossible, but it just seemd so much. =P

Does anyone know how much Super Mario Sunshine sold after ~2 months WW?

If you excluding pack ins, ssbb beacuse mariokart wii comes
with the wii wheel

Were not counting the steering wheel

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

First SSBB, beside Mario galaxy and beside Mario Kart Wii