By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

italo244 said:
Claymore said:
ethomaz said:

Claymore said:

Don't think Tales is, Soul Sacrifice is problem is pre-orders aren't that impressive.

I think Soul Sacrifice will have the best first week for Vita in Japan.

Going by pre-orders it's going to sell less than Senran Kagura.

First week? Probably. But i think it will have better legs than Seren Kagura. 

What do you know of SK's legs when the first shipment goes in 4~5 days and digital sales explode?

Around the Network
teigaga said:
So will the Wii U price drop be announced in time for Pikmin 3+ Wonderful 101, or are they going to wait till Mario Kart arrives?

They will probably do it when Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 come out, which will probably be around June.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

teigaga said:
Panama said:
teigaga said:
Panama said:
A Western price drop won't see a boost as big as this, but the price drop still needs to happen, don't know why Sony are holding off on it when it's selling 6k units a week in the US.

No point having a price cut when there are no games to go with it. 

Vita has plenty of games for a one year old platform, but nice to see yet another myth being propagated by the internet.

No NEW game releases. between now and soul sacrifice on april 30th there are only ports year old ports. Even when soul sacrifice is released it will be the only major software release for til september based on whats currently announced. 

Also if we're on the topic of accessing its library up until now, its not simply about quantity, its about a combination of quality+appeal. The Vita has few to non AAA titles that get that balance right. The closes it gets is LBP but people are over that franchise. Gravity Rush maybe could have achieved such status if it was more of a traditional action adventure ala zelda...

The quality is there, your opinion doesn't really change that. Also it should be evident by now that there's no consistent correlation between sales and quality. 

Turkish said:
saicho said:
ethomaz said:
With that weak the PS3 sales are over 200k for the year... just more 1 million to reach the last year sales... with some big releases it will be happen.

what big releases are we expecting for PS3 in Japan?

One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2

and what else? PS3 has dropped 28% YOY (at the same week last year, it has sold 308K and sold another 900K for the rest of the year). He was saying it will sell 1 million units for the rest of the year with some big releases which means an increase for the same period last year. One Piece Musou 2 is not gonna cut it.

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

So 60k is about right in the middle of expectations, on the low end of mine though. Still very good as I was optimistic. I was also saying to myself coming into this thread "60k", looks like I nailed it!

It's the coming weeks which are key now.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

LOLOLOL! from GAF

Flanneryaug said:
teigaga said:
So will the Wii U price drop be announced in time for Pikmin 3+ Wonderful 101, or are they going to wait till Mario Kart arrives?

They will probably do it when Pikmin 3 and The Wonderful 101 come out, which will probably be around June.

I thought Iwata said "no price cut"...?

Panama said:
teigaga said

No NEW game releases. between now and soul sacrifice on april 30th there are only ports year old ports. Even when soul sacrifice is released it will be the only major software release for til september based on whats currently announced. 

Also if we're on the topic of accessing its library up until now, its not simply about quantity, its about a combination of quality+appeal. The Vita has few to non AAA titles that get that balance right. The closes it gets is LBP but people are over that franchise. Gravity Rush maybe could have achieved such status if it was more of a traditional action adventure ala zelda...

The quality is there, your opinion doesn't really change that. Also it should be evident by now that there's no consistent correlation between sales and quality. 

Thats why I said its a combination of quality+ appeal. The games that have the appeal (COD/AC:Liberation) have low metacritic scores. The games which have the high metacritic scores have low appeal (Persona 4/LBP). If persona was swapped with Final Fantasy and recieved the same reception it would be a different story. Sony need to hurry up and Get Type 0 ported over. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:

LOLOLOL! from GAF

Back from the dead because of tits....

Oh Japan.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

NoCtiS_NoX said:

LOLOLOL! from GAF