By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

ryuzaki57 said:
Kresnik said:

Shining Ark really low opening, about half that of Shining Hearts & Shining Blade.  Shame... when will people buy Media.Vision's games?! :(

Definitely not. Bear in mind that Vita owners are likely to pick the digital version to avoid switching systems (that's what I do at least), so the digital sales part must be huge. Sol Trigger also opened around 55K.

Senran Kagura did wonderful, Marvelous must be delivering the 2nd shipment as we speak. The transition from 3DS is a great success for Sony and MAQL. Vita itself is not too hot, I expected 80K+. Now I wonder where it can hold.

But Shining Ark is a PSP game... I mean, are you sure that Shining Ark is available for Vita too on PSN?

Around the Network
Panama said:
teigaga said:
Panama said:
A Western price drop won't see a boost as big as this, but the price drop still needs to happen, don't know why Sony are holding off on it when it's selling 6k units a week in the US.

No point having a price cut when there are no games to go with it. 

Vita has plenty of games for a one year old platform, but nice to see yet another myth being propagated by the internet.

No NEW game releases. between now and soul sacrifice on april 30th there are only ports year old ports. Even when soul sacrifice is released it will be the only major software release for til september based on whats currently announced. 

Also if we're on the topic of accessing its library up until now, its not simply about quantity, its about a combination of quality+appeal. The Vita has few to non AAA titles that get that balance right. The closes it gets is LBP but people are over that franchise. Gravity Rush maybe could have achieved such status if it was more of a traditional action adventure ala zelda...

05./03. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf # <ETC> (Nintendo) {2012.11.08} (¥4.800) - 73.615 / 2.739.654 (-1%)

Looks like Animal Crossing doesn't give a shit about the PSV price drop. And neither does the 3DS.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Chandler said:
Looks like Animal Crossing doesn't give a shit about the PSV price drop. And neither does the 3DS.

you could have worded that better

I think Rising will reach a little over 500k in Japan lifetime.

Around the Network
italo244 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Kresnik said:

Shining Ark really low opening, about half that of Shining Hearts & Shining Blade.  Shame... when will people buy Media.Vision's games?! :(

Definitely not. Bear in mind that Vita owners are likely to pick the digital version to avoid switching systems (that's what I do at least), so the digital sales part must be huge. Sol Trigger also opened around 55K.

Senran Kagura did wonderful, Marvelous must be delivering the 2nd shipment as we speak. The transition from 3DS is a great success for Sony and MAQL. Vita itself is not too hot, I expected 80K+. Now I wonder where it can hold.

But Shining Ark is a PSP game... I mean, are you sure that Shining Ark is available for Vita too on PSN?

Nearly all new PSP games come out digitally on PSN now, at a discount off retail price (usually 500-1000 yen), and playable on Vita.

BaldrSkies said:
italo244 said:
ryuzaki57 said:
Kresnik said:

Nearly all new PSP games come out digitally on PSN now, at a discount off retail price (usually 500-1000 yen), and playable on Vita.

Oh, awesome! I didnt knew that. Thanks :D

Soriku said:
BaldrSkies said:
I'm interested to see how Soul Sacrifice and Tales affect Vita sales next week.

Tales a chance to ride the price cut wave. Or maybe not. In a normal week ToHR would do nothing for Vita the same way ToIR did nothing for Vita...

SS is a wild card. Could do OK, could do well. I think it'll be in between. Whatever that translates to in units.

Tales of Hearts R is generating a bit more excitement over Innocence R, probably because the original was so much better, and the new game is such an improvement from the DS game too.

Soul Sacrifice has a chance to move some units, especially since it has its own Vita special design hardware bundle, but yeah I agree it's a wild card in terms of how popular it might turn out to be.

So will the Wii U price drop be announced in time for Pikmin 3+ Wonderful 101, or are they going to wait till Mario Kart arrives?

ethomaz said:

Claymore said:

Don't think Tales is, Soul Sacrifice is problem is pre-orders aren't that impressive.

I think Soul Sacrifice will have the best first week for Vita in Japan.

Going by pre-orders it's going to sell less than Senran Kagura.