By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

Sharu said:
Pricecut week and 3 new good games and still not able to beat 3DS even for 1 week? Not impressed... Interesting, how low will it fall next week and where will Vita sales stabilize after pricecut...

The 3DS sold 214k in its first week post price cut, and has stabilized at 70k, so I would expect the Vita to stabilize around 20k. At least it's an improvement.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

Around the Network
Flanneryaug said:
Sharu said:
Pricecut week and 3 new good games and still not able to beat 3DS even for 1 week? Not impressed... Interesting, how low will it fall next week and where will Vita sales stabilize after pricecut...

The 3DS sold 214k in its first week post price cut, and has stabilized at 70k, so I would expect the Vita to stabilize around 20k. At least it's an improvement.

Well, if it will stabilize at 20 000 it will be good for Vita! We'll see it in 2 weeks, I think?

360 only sold 282 units??

Ouch

happydolphin said:
Great vita sales. A bit of a breather for Vita fans.

Wasn't PSO2 supposed to be the revival or something? Sold 55k.

Its free to play so download will account for a fairly large percentage. Still good numbers, just not amazing.

BaldrSkies said:
I'm interested to see how Soul Sacrifice and Tales affect Vita sales next week.

Are they bundled?

Around the Network
Panama said:
A Western price drop won't see a boost as big as this, but the price drop still needs to happen, don't know why Sony are holding off on it when it's selling 6k units a week in the US.

No point having a price cut when there are no games to go with it. It will do little to boost sales but masssively damage their revenue. I don't think sony are going to push the Vita until late Q2 ahead of the ps4 launch. I think the price cut will come around just in time for Killzone/Tearaway, and whatever else is announced at e3. The ps4 will keep Vita alive in the west, but the systems success as a standalone system is dependant of japanses developer support.

ethomaz said:
BaldrSkies said:

Are they bundled?

Soul Sacrifice has a limited edition Vita hardware bundle. Tales no.

ethomaz said:
BaldrSkies said:

Are they bundled?

Soul Sacrifice? Yes. Tales? No.

I think PSV will do like 45k next week.

Good numbers for Vita and Ps3!!!

We need a Vita price drop in EUROPE!!! todayyyyyy....

ethomaz said:
BaldrSkies said:

Are they bundled?

Don't think Tales is, Soul Sacrifice is problem is pre-orders aren't that impressive.