By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales: Famitsu & Media create - Week 9 ( Feb 25 - Mar 3 )

007BondAgent said:
Chandler said:
Looks like Animal Crossing doesn't give a shit about the PSV price drop. And neither does the 3DS.

you could have worded that better

I was just about to say the same thing

Around the Network
Claymore said:
ethomaz said:

Claymore said:

Don't think Tales is, Soul Sacrifice is problem is pre-orders aren't that impressive.

I think Soul Sacrifice will have the best first week for Vita in Japan.

Going by pre-orders it's going to sell less than Senran Kagura.

First week? Probably. But i think it will have better legs than Seren Kagura. 

ethomaz said:
With that weak the PS3 sales are over 200k for the year... just more 1 million to reach the last year sales... with some big releases it will be happen.

what big releases are we expecting for PS3 in Japan?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

ethomaz said:

Claymore said:

Don't think Tales is, Soul Sacrifice is problem is pre-orders aren't that impressive.

It won't. In Soul Sacrifice case, I'm hoping for good legs and an ok first week sales (90k tops).

I'm impressed by PS Vita sales and even some old software moved to top 20, this is really good to see specially because we only know about retail sales. Also, PSO2 is a massive surprise, people are buying the cartdrige when the game is also free.

I wonder how much the PSV will drop next week.

Around the Network
saicho said:
ethomaz said:
With that weak the PS3 sales are over 200k for the year... just more 1 million to reach the last year sales... with some big releases it will be happen.

what big releases are we expecting for PS3 in Japan?

One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2

Claymore said:
ethomaz said:

Claymore said:

Going by pre-orders it's going to sell less than Senran Kagura.

Soul Sacrifice has multiple versions to pre-order, a stand alone version, dual pack version and a special edition console bundle version. Also, the game is doing well on sites like Amazon because of pre-order bonuses.

I assume you are going by the COMG numbers. If so, what is their preorder bonus for SS?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Excellent surge for Vita. I think it was on the high side of what an optimistic expectation would be. It makes it clear that price is an obstical, as always. We should see at least a 50% increase in weekly sales going forward to 15k-20k. If we do, the Vita has a future. If we don't, it may be dead.

+ 203k Dynasty Warriors 8 (PS3) - Good, inline with the other releases.
+ 94k Senran Kagura (PSV) - Good, better than any 3DS release.
+ 63k Macross 30 (PS3) - Meh, I expected a little more
+ 61k Phantasy Star Online 2 (PSV) - Well the game is free on PSN... so great retail sales.
+ 60k Rising: Revengeance (PS3) - Won't reach 600k.

+ 25k PS3 - Well a big drop from last year but OP destroyed everything in last year with bundles.

Lafiel said:
Panama said:
teigaga said:
Panama said:
A Western price drop won't see a boost as big as this, but the price drop still needs to happen, don't know why Sony are holding off on it when it's selling 6k units a week in the US.

No point having a price cut when there are no games to go with it. 

Vita has plenty of games for a one year old platform, but nice to see yet another myth being propagated by the internet.

I think he meant important releases in the same time frame as the price cut.

That's true. Though a price cut to go along with Soul Sacrifice wouldn't hurt.