By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339
amp316 said:
MDMAlliance said:
Even though I got this game at launch, I haven't played it an awful lot. Part of the reason is because I haven't tried playing online yet, and the other reason is because I'm a noob and I want to know if there's an easier way to do those delivery quests such as the eggs and the powder stones (or whatever they were called).

Use the Loc Lac armor.  It gives you the the transporter skill.  Also use Dash Juice or even better Mega Dash Juice.  

Wow, that does seem like it would make things much easier.  Is the Loc Lac armor easy to make?  Currently I am on the 4/5 star quests in the village.  

Around the Network
Lusche said:
Conegamer said:
amp316 said:
I finished all of the 8 star Moga Village Quests and played some Advanced G Rank quests online.

This game has a ton of content and is a blast!

Still can't play the game...looks like Early June is the best I can hope for right now.

so late ? noooo ... :(

but have no time right now to play.
busy times at the moment.

Yeah I no longer really have access to my Wii U or TV, and I have a lot of revision to be doing. So coupled with the broken Gamepad, I've just not really concerned myself with it too much.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

MDMAlliance said:
amp316 said:
MDMAlliance said:
Even though I got this game at launch, I haven't played it an awful lot. Part of the reason is because I haven't tried playing online yet, and the other reason is because I'm a noob and I want to know if there's an easier way to do those delivery quests such as the eggs and the powder stones (or whatever they were called).

Use the Loc Lac armor.  It gives you the the transporter skill.  Also use Dash Juice or even better Mega Dash Juice.  

Wow, that does seem like it would make things much easier.  Is the Loc Lac armor easy to make?  Currently I am on the 4/5 star quests in the village.  

If I remember correctly, it isn't that difficult.  It is only 3 pieces that you wear with whatever other armor you want.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
MDMAlliance said:
amp316 said:
MDMAlliance said:

If I remember correctly, it isn't that difficult.  It is only 3 pieces that you wear with whatever other armor you want.

I see.  I just checked and I already have the materials for one part of the set.  All I need for the rest is 1 Altaroth stomach, and several Jaws.  Thanks.  

MDMAlliance said:
amp316 said:
MDMAlliance said:
amp316 said:
MDMAlliance said:

I see.  I just checked and I already have the materials for one part of the set.  All I need for the rest is 1 Altaroth stomach, and several Jaws.  Thanks.  

No problem, and like I said if you use the Dash Juice it makes things even easier.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network

Graaaargh I just want one Diablos Hardhorn to upgrade my Plessy LS. I've broken a dozen G-rank Diablos and Black Diablos horns, and cleared "Plain Dangerous" five times (supposed to be a 5% quest reward both A+B, whatever that means), and I've never seen it ever. Beginning to wonder if it's just impossible in this charm table (but seems to be great for Brachy gems/pallium).

I am currently doing all offline quest on my hunt to get Alatreon... I hope to play online with you guys as soon as I am done...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Just passed Goldbeard Ceadeus (with my High Acrus Lance and Agnaktor U armor, I only got hit once, as he fired the beam when i was shielding next to his mouth, he moved my body as he swept his head and the beam connected).

Now i have to start re-armoring from scratch in G-rank, though Agnaktor U's guarding skills should mean i have a bit more breathing room (since it might hurt if i get hit, but will i get hit?)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

ebw said:

Graaaargh I just want one Diablos Hardhorn to upgrade my Plessy LS. I've broken a dozen G-rank Diablos and Black Diablos horns, and cleared "Plain Dangerous" five times (supposed to be a 5% quest reward both A+B, whatever that means), and I've never seen it ever. Beginning to wonder if it's just impossible in this charm table (but seems to be great for Brachy gems/pallium).

Finally!  I tried the "Diablos Three" advanced quest, broke all 6 horns, and in my rewards box was 1 Majestic, 1 Stout, and 1 Hardhorn.  Now I can carve up the village Brachy in under 12 minutes :).

Drew up a pair of Dios Slicers to try a completely new strategy against Diablos. It has seemed to work so far, though that was offline Diablos, he still didn't hit me quite as often.

The key really seems to be how to get away from him before he counterattacks.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.