By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339
ebw said:

Really wish I'd known about the charm table thing two weeks ago. Just tested and I'm on T11, one of the "cursed" tables with a much smaller variety of talismans.

OMG Seriously!!!, just restart and get a new table, you'll toootally thank me when you hit 75 hours plus and are not stuck with a cursed table...

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm actually considering restarting for a better charm table later. Stuck on 9 I think, damn bowguns. Luckily I have both the 3DS and Wii U versions, so by playing both, I imagine I can carry myself relatively quickly.

What is it with the charm-tables? And how do I test if I have a good one?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
I got more and more behind you guys. Over easter I was traveling to my family, so only little time for MH on 3DS. But I'm interesting in Online, so Cone: when will be the next european hunt? Or should I start one?

How is Saturday 7PM BST for you? I still don't have the game, but I know there's plenty of people in the OP from Europe!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Apparently I'm too stupid to catch a damn Qurupeco. I know how to fight it, I weaken it and wait till it limps, set up a trap (+ meat), it gets caught and then... it just gets away. No matter how many tranq bombs I throw at it. Ugh. Of course I always have more than one trap with me and when it got away for like the fourth time I thought "well, maybe it just wasn't weak enough yet." So I sliced it. Twice. And it was dead. Yeah, what am I supposed to do? I can't weaken it any further :-/

Around the Network
UncleScrooge said:

Apparently I'm too stupid to catch a damn Qurupeco. I know how to fight it, I weaken it and wait till it limps, set up a trap (+ meat), it gets caught and then... it just gets away. No matter how many tranq bombs I throw at it. Ugh. Of course I always have more than one trap with me and when it got away for like the fourth time I thought "well, maybe it just wasn't weak enough yet." So I sliced it. Twice. And it was dead. Yeah, what am I supposed to do? I can't weaken it any further :-/

I've had an embarassing number of fails on Arzuros captures due to killing him too fast :).

If you have the gem slots for 5 perception jewels then this will let you see exactly when a monster is ready for capture (provided it's painted or autotracked).  You aren't using tainted meat as a trap, I assume?

2000cc said:
ebw said:

Really wish I'd known about the charm table thing two weeks ago. Just tested and I'm on T11, one of the "cursed" tables with a much smaller variety of talismans.

OMG Seriously!!!, just restart and get a new table, you'll toootally thank me when you hit 75 hours plus and are not stuck with a cursed table...

I was at 90+ hours when I found out :(.

UncleScrooge said:

Unusual...sounds like you're doing everything right. Just throw more tranq bombs!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

I haven't had issues with charms personally, you get a ton of them either way and I've had some +10 or +12 and some negative ones you sell for $$, $$ is always good so I don't even mind it lol...

Conegamer said:
UncleScrooge said:

Unusual...sounds like you're doing everything right. Just throw more tranq bombs!

No, I'm pretty sure it's always two tranq bombs — no more, no less.  Of course sometimes they accidentally hit someone else who gets in between, or you get interrupted in the middle, but that is the only reason you need more.