By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339
amp316 said:
Conegamer said:
famousringo said:
Okay, ow.

I was beginning to feel like this game was seriously nerfed. Barroth was easy, Rathian was cake, Lagombi was a joke, Lagiacrus was a pushover. Just fought Duramboros to get my Shaka minion back and he cleaned my clock.

I went in with a Peco axe, a stack of mega potions, and a couple max potions. I drank them all and barely beat that bastard with less than 5 mins left and half a health bar. I have found The Hard, and it really hurts. Time for me to farm up some better gear.

Glad to hear there's still difficulty for the seasoned players!

As a seasoned veteran I can also say that Duramboros is an absolute pain to beat.  That thing just takes forever to kill.  I can't wait for the G difficulty.  

I can agree with that the thing is stacked with health. 

Around the Network

After having played this game for a bit, yes, it is superior to Tri, if only for the extra content. But knocking enemies has been dumbed down, the water graphics are FAR worse than on Wii, all the subquests have been removed, Wii controls have been removed and there is a ridicilous new charm table system which grants you a 1/3 chance of not getting any good godlike charms EVER.

I love Monster Hunter but this is an extremely weak port. So much has been removed, nerfed or made worse, I'd almost rather keep playing Tri. Capcom are cheap conmen for porting the 3DS version over instead of reusing Tri's assets.

Chrizum said:

After having played this game for a bit, yes, it is superior to Tri, if only for the extra content. But knocking enemies has been dumbed down, the water graphics are FAR worse than on Wii, all the subquests have been removed, Wii controls have been removed and there is a ridicilous new charm table system which grants you a 1/3 chance of not getting any good godlike charms EVER.

I love Monster Hunter but this is an extremely weak port. So much has been removed, nerfed or made worse, I'd almost rather keep playing Tri. Capcom are cheap conmen for porting the 3DS version over instead of reusing Tri's assets.

I'm not seeing the issue with the water.

We need a comparison vid in here, though, as you could well be right. As for the difficulty, i imagine it's because the added content means that they've reworked the difficulty curve, so the guys that used to be the Wake Up Call Bosses maybe no longer are.

Also, your charm system news is disconcerting. Please elaborate.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Mr Khan said:
Chrizum said:

I'm not seeing the issue with the water.

We need a comparison vid in here, though, as you could well be right. As for the difficulty, i imagine it's because the added content means that they've reworked the difficulty curve, so the guys that used to be the Wake Up Call Bosses maybe no longer are.

Also, your charm system news is disconcerting. Please elaborate.

I haven't said anything about the monster difficulty though. But about the charms system: check this http://www.club1kjho.com/t313-everything-about-charm-tables-with-step-by-step-video

I concur that the water graphics are worse, but I'm actually glad to see subquests gone.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

Lightcrystal is fast proving to be the bane of my existence. Aside from the Azure Crest, it's blocking all my other paths on the main Lance tree (Knight Lance and Drill Lance)

Mr Khan said:
Lightcrystal is fast proving to be the bane of my existence. Aside from the Azure Crest, it's blocking all my other paths on the main Lance tree (Knight Lance and Drill Lance)

Never heard of that before. Which Monster drops it?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

It's a mineral from Tundra, which i'm beginning to suspect only comes out of the blue deposits, of which there is usually only one in area 6, though one occasionally appears in area 5 as well...

Its price would reflect its rarity, according to the wiki, it goes for 1150 a piece.

Either way, i'm also looking into Rathian armor before i tackle Lagiacrus, both online and offline are trying to set me at him.

Mr Khan said:
Conegamer said:
Mr Khan said:

It's a mineral from Tundra, which i'm beginning to suspect only comes out of the blue deposits, of which there is usually only one in area 6, though one occasionally appears in area 5 as well...

Its price would reflect its rarity, according to the wiki, it goes for 1150 a piece.

Either way, i'm also looking into Rathian armor before i tackle Lagiacrus, both online and offline are trying to set me at him.

You can rarely get it from the maroon nodes, but it's definitely most common from that blue node on the icy plateau.

I found Lagiacrus pretty easy to kill in a Barroth set with a good fire weapon. Trouble is, you lose your handy Shaka minion and have to fight Duramboros to get a new minion. Just before I went to fight that beast, I made the decision to stop hoarding Armor+ Spheres and level up the Barroth suit, and I'm sure he would have crushed me if I hadn't. So yeah, craft the best stuff you can unless you want to farm Lagiacrus (and Nibelsnarf and Volvidon) for better gear without a minion.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

HR6 Urgent

Watch live video from Totally Random on TwitchTV

HR7 Urgent, Twitch fucked up at about 8:30 mark for about one minute :-/

Watch live video from Totally Random on TwitchTV