By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

So big, so thick, so gold!

Watch live video from Totally Random on TwitchTV

Around the Network

NNID: Mr.Khan
EST
Moderate to semi-advanced
active
Lance

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

A 30 character limit? wth, Capcom?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Conegamer said:
bazmeistergen said:

nnid bazmeistergen
vgc bazmeistergen
gmt
moderate experience
active
great sword type violence

i'm ready to hunt...

Will update now. We've got a fair few PAL players now!

Oh, put me up!

NNID: cordlc
Exp: only Tri? I'm decent though
Weap: Great Sword
Timezone: EST

Might experiment with bowgun if fighting lower stuff. I think my character's charm table is for Bowguns, qq

c0rd said:
Conegamer said:
bazmeistergen said:

nnid bazmeistergen
vgc bazmeistergen
gmt
moderate experience
active

i'm ready to hunt...

Oh, put me up!

Might experiment with bowgun if fighting lower stuff. I think my character's charm table is for Bowguns, qq

Blowguns? What is this madness! 

And it's all well everyone signing up, but are people actually joining each other to hunt, I wonder?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
NNID: Mr.Khan
EST
Moderate to semi-advanced
active
Lance

Finally ready to dive online, then?

Conegamer said:

c0rd said:

Conegamer said:

bazmeistergen said:

nnid bazmeistergen
vgc bazmeistergen
gmt
moderate experience
active

i'm ready to hunt...

Oh, put me up!

And it's all well everyone signing up, but are people actually joining each other to hunt, I wonder?

I will as soon as I can get the tv to myself. Damn you Capcom for no gamepad play.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

bazmeistergens said

And it's all well everyone signing up, but are people actually joining each other to hunt, I wonder..

I will as soon as I can get the tv to myself. Damn you Capcom for no gamepad play.

Isn't it coming in a future update, though? 

Conegamer said:
c0rd said:

Oh, put me up!

I only added people 2 days ago, so I still had 0 friends last I checked. I'll be playing this game for a while anyways

Mad55 said:
3nix said:
UncleScrooge said:

So I'm about 10 hours in. Doing 2 star quests now and god damn I love this game! I haven't been that hooked by a game in ages. And I mean ages as in "Ocarina of Time in 1998". The only other series that comes close to this is Pokémon.

So far I'm using Sword + Shield but the Dual Blades and Long Swords looked really good in the demo. Just captured Arzuros - is Arzuros armor good for low rank blade masters? Not sure which path to boost my weapons either. I have to do a 15 page paper for university and caught myself thinking about Monster Hunter weapons... poison or ice upgrade? Good lord this game is absorbing haha I'm *this* close to buying the Wii U version as well.

I'm not sure about the armor becuase I quite picky (I don't even wear helmets). I would recommend taking a look at the wiki about the weapon path. I remember I had the option of upgrading my bowgun to another type or I could just buy it. The only difference I noticed so far is that when you upgrade from another weapon it is WAY cheaper and you need less resources. I would personally prefer poison lol. If you do get that armor watch out for resistance it is fairly important. Wouldn't want you to run up on a fire monster and your armor is weak against it. Your best bet though is to find a great weapon suited for each situation and armor.

Very good advice. 

Thanks guys! Is there any armor noobs should totally go for? I think the point is to have many different sets at once, right?

Update on new Monster Hunter addiction: I haven't opened Luigi's Mansion 2 yet... got it on thursday lol Monster Hunter is just sucking up too much time.