By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

NintendoLife gave it a 9. That is about the only site I trust with most reviews. Just watched the intro video and it is different. It is way better than the intro video for Tri.  I downloaded the demo.  Didn't even play the demo.  I already knew I would want the game and they added enough new content to warrant the purchase and "replay".

edit - Intro video before game launches is different, but the intro when you start game seems to be the same but higher def.

Around the Network

Heyyyy, to play online with others and communicate, does the gamepad have a built in mic feat? Like you can talk wit others thru the gamepad?(similar to wii chat)

The Wii U gamepad has a mic so I assume that is what we will be using to communicate while online.

sethnintendo said:
The Wii U gamepad has a mic so I assume that is what we will be using to communicate while online.

i hope so cuz then im f***ed! No more money to get headphones which cost $30-$50 -_-

A slight delay on my end. Car troubles the last few days, which combined with my awkward work schedule means i won't be able to pick this up until tomorrow.

Either way, it'll mostly be offline play during the week, at least until that update synching us up with Europe comes in. Hope to see y'all this weekend, though!

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I will try to join Friday for Welcome EU.

You americans, if you can take a short break - please share your impressions!

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Well it seems to start off the exact same. The first thing you gotta do is go find the son which was just like the original. I assume the new quests will start coming in slowly at first and more later on.

Mr Khan said:
A slight delay on my end. Car troubles the last few days, which combined with my awkward work schedule means i won't be able to pick this up until tomorrow.

Either way, it'll mostly be offline play during the week, at least until that update synching us up with Europe comes in. Hope to see y'all this weekend, though!

Grr, some people are such a letdown

Hope you have fun! And yeah, hopefully it'll be patched sooner as opposed to later so we can all jump in together!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

sethnintendo said:
Well it seems to start off the exact same. The first thing you gotta do is go find the son which was just like the original. I assume the new quests will start coming in slowly at first and more later on.

This better have gamepad mic chat!! I'll join ya if i get it todayyy!!!

tbone51 said:
sethnintendo said:

This better have gamepad mic chat!! I'll join ya if i get it todayyy!!!

I think it's just keyboard for now...though I could be wrong.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.