By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If God of War ever went Norse mythology would you want a reboot or sequel?

They should expand it to Proto-Indo-European mythology. That way, you can include all the pagan gods! And the gods from which they were dervied!

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

NO REBOOTS! If they want to explore a new mythology, they need to either make it a new game (but spiritual sequel) or a side story.

Kratos may be too epic to ever kill off or just leave in the dust.

I mean, same with Master Chief.

They are both two characters that we never want to see go away at this point.

No

New franchise, spiritual sequel to GoW in Norse mythology.

I am not convinced given the strength of Kratos, but I can hope!

Kantor said:
I'm sick of Kratos as a character. Especially after Ascension, they've really explored everything they can with him.

The best would be to have a new trilogy with a new protagonist and similar gameplay, set in a different mythology - like the Norse one.

You haven't even played Ascension lmfao.

Around the Network
routsounmanman said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

naw, how about Greek(!) or Roman myth.

What the fuck did I just read???

Spiritual successor in Egyptian, Shinto or Norse traditions.

They should stick with Greek Mythology and Kratos can't be replaced. He's far too popular and beloved to be dropped, seriously all of Sony's other characters combined aren't close to matching Kratos' popularity.

http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=Sackboy%2C%20Kratos%2C%20Nathan%20Drake%2C%20Cole%20Macgrath&cmpt=q

And here's a look at the 5 most popular characters from exclusives on PlayStation and Xbox. Note, Kratos is MORE popular than Master Chief. Why would Sony drop such an iconic Kratos when in the real world only the insignificant minority want a new character.

http://www.google.co.uk/trends/explore#q=Master%20Chief%2C%20Kratos%2C%20Sackboy%2C%20Marcus%20Fenix%2C%20Nathan%20Drake&cmpt=q

I think God of War IV should be a direct sequel to God of War III and have the Primordials (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_primordial_deities) as the main antagonists now that Kratos had basically freed them by killing the Gods responsible for keeping their attributes under control, a.k.a. Zeus kept the world in order but now that Kratos killed him Chaos is no free to rise again (which we see at the end of GoW3).

Nothing else in Greek Mythology  (or any other Mythology) is as powerful or interesting as them and that could make for brilliantly epic encounters (especially with PS4's amazing visual & processing capabilities) and Chaos itself being the new big bad guy/thing is just epic. Instead of Kratos seeking to take them down for revenge, now that the power of hope set him free and he's found the strength to forgive himself he wouldn't be angry anymore, he could have a new reformed attitude and more humanity so maybe he'd actually want to defeat Chaos and restore the Earth back to a habitable state where humans can thrive again. Perhaps Kratos could even fall in love again and have a son who you play as in the future.

Greek Mythology is so vast & intriguing therefore I want them to stick with it, if they don't I'd prefer if they chose Egyptian Mythology next.  And Kratos can't be ditched, that's like Nintendo or Microsoft dropping Mario and Master Chief, crazy idea. 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
routsounmanman said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

naw, how about Greek(!) or Roman myth.

What the fuck did I just read???

I can spot quality sarcasm when I see one. This was not.

After seeing the first gameplay trailer of ascension with the African inspired enemies, i really thought African mythology would be a nice thing to explore.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’