By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW:Ascension is frustrating reviewers

Tagged games:

There HAS to be super hard sections in God of War. It's the way it's meant to be!

Around the Network

I play the GOWs on easy anyway since I suck at rapidly tapping buttons. Guess I'll get a challenge from this one! Hopefully it isn't from a flawed mechanic.

Well completely ready for this one however tough it is going to be.

What they don't want to do is choose "Yes" when the "do you want to play on easy?" option is presented to them. There's no way in Hades that GoW:A has an unbeatable section on easy mode. So it's the fact these guys don't want to have to admit they don;t have what it takes to beat the game on the harder difficulty.

Good on SSM for putting in a true bitch of a level that will have gamers choosing to tale the easy path. It makes the game replayable because the hard boys are not going to let the game beat them, so after being forced to take on Easy mode for the rest of the game, they will play again to prove to themselves that they can do it on the hardest difficulty setting.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Easy series made more challenging as demanded by fans. Better punish the developers for listening.

Around the Network

That's good. I usually bump GOW games to hard on first try. If this game is going to be especially challenging then I welcome it. :) I thought the demo was a bit on the easy side, but I know to expect more from Titan and Chaos modes.

I hope this won't affect the reviews negatively, however.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Wow, I gained a lot of respect for Sessler after watching that. Makes me wonder if I'll still be playing competitive multiplayer when I get older. However, experience counts for something so maybe all this experience will pan out.

Side note: I never tried Demon's/Dark Souls because I was worried that I'll never be able to beat them and I love standard RPGs a lot because that's the one genre that experience (I mean literal game experience that makes you OP) trumps skill every time i.e they'll be viable till you hit your grave

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Adam Sessler must be happy that he didn't have to review God Hand or old games.

TheKoreanGuy said:
Aldro said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Is it for sure God of War that he's talking about?

Yeah, embargo is up on Thursday like he says :P. And like I said: People with review copies on GAF are frustraighted too and thats all in the GoWA topic so yeah. 99%

Hmm, we'll see on Thursday then. Hopefully it's something they can fix before release. I'm not sure how possible that is. The demo was jaw dropping so I have a hard time seeing this being anything but a quality game.

But keep in mind that it really might not need a "fix". Being difficult and frustraighting can be a good thing if executed properly. Thats what we dont know :|

Aldro said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Aldro said:
TheKoreanGuy said:
Is it for sure God of War that he's talking about?

Yeah, embargo is up on Thursday like he says :P. And like I said: People with review copies on GAF are frustraighted too and thats all in the GoWA topic so yeah. 99%

Hmm, we'll see on Thursday then. Hopefully it's something they can fix before release. I'm not sure how possible that is. The demo was jaw dropping so I have a hard time seeing this being anything but a quality game.

But keep in mind that it really might not need a "fix". Being difficult and frustraighting can be a good thing if executed properly. Thats what we dont know :|

True, it's just a bit worrying if multiple people are having the same issue. Then again, there have been numerous moments in GoW 1-3 that were pretty rage-inducing so maybe this is nothing new.