By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GoW:Ascension is frustrating reviewers

Tagged games:

So the review copies are out, reviewers are playing and so far:
There seems to be some combat area that is completely shattering some reviewers.

Adam Sessler for one, even made a video about this.

Find it here = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgUswZNa1N8&feature=youtu.be

"Adam Sessler ‏@AdamSessler
Well, this is a first. I'm reviewing a game and I am officially incapable of getting past a section. Been defining insanity for 3 hours."

If anyone else is playing or repping this game...please reach out. i think you know which one....."

"Hollander Cooper ‏@HollanderCooper
I'm shaking with anger, so, I guess that means I should keep trying to beat this level."

"Hollander Cooper ‏@HollanderCooper
OH MY GOD I FINALLY BEAT IT. @AdamSessler I DID IT!"

@HollanderCooper really? how?"

And two other users at GAF have posted that they're starting to get ticked off in which one replied "I know what you're refering to".

Anyone else worried about the reviews but me? Watch Sesslers video. He really presents a case that just feels unreal. I mean the only game I think of is like Demon/Dark Souls and I am truly worried it's more of a bad design rather than a difficult one. I think they're gonna pan GoW:A :[

Around the Network

No, not worried. Difficulty should be a good thing. I hate being able to walk through a game.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Is it for sure God of War that he's talking about?

TheKoreanGuy said:

true it could be gears of war judgement or monster hunter 3 ulitmate or what ever

TheKoreanGuy said:

Yeah, embargo is up on Thursday like he says :P. And like I said: People with review copies on GAF are frustraighted too and thats all in the GoWA topic so yeah. 99%

Around the Network
animegaming said:
TheKoreanGuy said:

true it could be gears of war judgement or monster hunter 3 ulitmate or what ever

See above reply.

Sony Santa Monica made a game with a level so hard Adam Sessler bitched? I must play this game now. Sessler never said the game was bad though, he just stated that it was the first time in a long time that hes ever ego has clearly been broken by a game.

Frustrated?

Aldro said:
TheKoreanGuy said:

Yeah, embargo is up on Thursday like he says :P. And like I said: People with review copies on GAF are frustraighted too and thats all in the GoWA topic so yeah. 99%

Hmm, we'll see on Thursday then. Hopefully it's something they can fix before release. I'm not sure how possible that is. The demo was jaw dropping so I have a hard time seeing this being anything but a quality game.

Well...it could hurt reviews but I doubt it somehow. Good to hear there's challenge in the game though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.