By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Did I assault my ex girlfriend?

BasilZero said:

1. It isnt assault if you didnt actually do anything serious.
2. Ignore her claims
3. If she keeps on bothering you - report to the authorities/contact a lawyer.
4. You need a avatar

All correct.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Soleron said:
If she charges you go see a lawyer, VGC cannot help you

This.

Also, leave her alone.  Delete her number and de-friend her on facebook.  This is not a childish thing to do, its for your mental health (I'm actually speaking from experience here).

EDIT:  Also, I want to add that I am not saying to do that because of you, I'm saying that because she sounds like a complete and utter bitch who needs to be scrubbed from your life ASAP

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

luigiman5555 said:
naruball said:
Ok, at this point, not sure if serious. Didn't you say a few minutes ago that you moved on and found another gf?

I did move on but now she's still accusing me of assaulting her and I just want to know that I didn't.

You didn't. Your ex is an immature drama queen trying to drag the situation on. She's hoping for the same tear reaction from you in order to give herself an ego boost. She's a horrible person, and not the person you thought she was. What ever feeling you had for her, were based on the idea of her you had in your head, and not her true self. It's not your fault you saw her like this either. She's just minipulative. end of thread/

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

That sucks horribly. Your girlfriend sounds like a heartless bitch. I think you will be fine. Just leave her alone because she is not worth your time.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

brendude13 said:
So, she:

1. Almost cheated on you with a complete stranger.
2. Now pretends like she doesn't know you.
3. Said "then die" to you after you broke down.
4. Is now accusing you of assault.

Want to know my personal opinion? Bitch needs setting straight.

^^ this

In all seriousness as bad as I feel for you for what she's done, you're not doing yourself any favours with that attitude. Have some dignity man! How can you blame yourself for that?! :/ You shouldn't be the one saying sorry bro

Around the Network

Agreed with pretty much everyone. Fuck that slut man, you deserve better.

luigiman5555 said:

My ex's cheating had emotionally and psychologically destroyed me. I even believed that everything was my fault and wanted to save our relationship. I talked to her after coincidentally spotting her while I was walking. Finding each other is inevitable because we do live about five minutes away from each other. She kept walking away and I did try to slow her down by walking in front of her to act like a barrier. Then I cried while hugging her and telling her I'm sorry. Part of me thought she'd eventually hug me back and comfort me. I did stop hugging her once I realized she really wanted me to. Eventually I realized that I really couldn't convince her to just talk to me and so I walked away. All I did is try to talk to her. I did not force anything upon her. I did walk away when I realized all my efforts failed and that she really did just want me to go away.

I now understand that unconsented phsyical contact is battery but it only would've been unconsented had I persisted after realizing, am I correct? I feel really bad now because I hadn't a clue that I may have committed assault. What is the definition of assault in criminal and cival law and did I actually commit it? This is something that I need to know. Story gets more interesting. I was stupidly advised to play my saxophone for her. I memorized a song she really likes and tried to play it for her. I guess I thought being romantic would've gotten her to talk to me again. I mean it works in the movies. I couldn't even play the song properly because I was so nervous. She ran away from me and I tried to talk to her again but she still wouldn't listen. Then I sank to the ground and said "I just want to die." She said "Then die" and left me there. Did I do anything genuinely bad? I already moved on but she's accusing me of assaulting her now. Here are a few defenses I found:

• Self-defense
  • Lack of intent / knowledge
  • No bodily injury
  • Insanity
  • Intoxication  (does not include voluntary intoxication)

I believe that my defenses are lack of intent and knowledge and no bodily injury. What do you guys think? Check out these two links for more information regarding assault:

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Assault+%28crime%29

http://introublewiththelaw.com/simple-assault-vs-aggravated-assault/

Ahahaha. Oh wow.

Don't give up. Confess to her and this will happen:

Successful akvod derail.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Okay... wtf did i just read?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I'm now fully convinced that I did not commit assault or battery for two main reasons:

#1. Lack of intent and knowledge.
#2. Lack of bodily harm.

I will not believe the false accusations anymore. Thanks for everyone's help.