By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek - Single Player experience has to go away

Single Player experiences won't go away, I don't care if all companies incorporate some kind of message system, as long as I can have them disabled.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:
All I know is I just played 60 hours of Ni No Kuni by myself and it was fantastic.

Crytek is really starting to get annoying aren't they?

Yep.

I really got to pick up Ni No Kuni.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

I think Crytek (or maybe it's just Yerli) is beginning to overestimate their importance and influence on the industry. Go ahead and make your engines but please don't pretend you know what makes good games or what the industry needs to progress.

How many games have you made again?

Connected experiences work in some cases, others not so much so stfu yerli.

"F2P is the future!"

"Every game must be online!"

"Gaming has to completely change, that's why we make nothing but Crysis!"

Around the Network

"Online and social can reignite single-player in a new type of context and provide benefits that will make you want to be a part of a connected story-mode rather than a disconnected story-mode."

A bad singleplayer experience will be bad regardless of whatever social gimmicks they include, I just want a good quality single player experience where I can tune out for a while and get immersed in the world.

Crytek has to go away...

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Crytek make beautiful games but in terms of gameplay they are pretty average so far. Im playing through Crysis 3 and it an enjoyable shooter but with the way Crytek keep talking you would think it was a god of gaming.

They aren't the studio that should be telling the industry what to do on anything other than how to build great / technical engines

Man, this has been a bad week. Electronic Arts, Cliff Bleszinski, now Crytek.

Just make a good game and deliver it to the consumer intact.

Crytek is the poster child for narcissism.