By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crytek - Single Player experience has to go away

“I think the notion of a single-player experience has to go away,” Yerli confidently declares. “However, I’m not saying that there will be no single-player experiences ... it could be it’s called Connected Single-Player or Online Single-Player instead.”

“Online and social can reignite single-player in a new type of context and provide benefits that will make you want to be a part of a connected story-mode rather than a disconnected story-mode. Sure, if the technology forces you to play a traditional single-player game online, that doesn’t make sense but if it’s offering actual benefits to be online then you want to be part of it.”

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/02/28/crytek-reveals-the-many-faces-of-free-to-play?

----------------------------------

Loath as I am to link to IGN, they are the original source, so it is a necessary evil...

It would seem as though he's pushing towards a Demon's/Dark Souls sort of setup, which by itself would be perfectly fine, however does that kind of approach have to mean the death of the traditional single player experience altogether? Can both not exist? I've always been focused on the single player experience, so naturally I'd be against any such complete shift. In fact with comments like this, and previous Crytek comments about reviving Timesplitters as a 'social' F2P game, I find myself thinking that I am diametrically opposed to the direction Crytek wishes to take.

VGChartz

Around the Network

i have to agree. Zombiu and darksul is a perfect example of a connected player experience.

i played Dark Souls offline for the biggest part. all the notes left behind my gamers pissed me off. you know shit is going down when there is a hellot of messages lying around and it spoils the atmosphere.

so no.

Isn't PS4 trying to do something along these lines, with having friends drop in and out of your games.

They better leave my single player experience alone.

That crap they are talking about is what makes Sim City 5 not appealing to me. My playtime, my actions, my consequences.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

As long as there are always story driven single player modes and co-op modes, if they make sense in the story, I dont care about what happens in the social gaming future.

Crytek should go away.

They can have it "connected" as long as I can still play single player campaigns. I'll just ignore all the social stuff. If they start trying to force me somehow, then I'll move on to the next game.

JEMC said:
They better leave my single player experience alone.

That crap they are talking about is what makes Sim City 5 not appealing to me. My playtime, my actions, my consequences.

Quote for truth.

I have played a 1000 hours of Sim City 4, another 1000 before it of Sim City 3000, and because of stupidity like this that will be 0 hours of Sim City 5. Goes for any game.

All I know is I just played 60 hours of Ni No Kuni by myself and it was fantastic.

Crytek is really starting to get annoying aren't they?