By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii U Only 5 Percent Of Developers Making Games For Nintendo

noname2200 said:
kitler53 said:
think-man said:
Player2 said:
noname2200 said:
Player2 said:
kitler53 said:
lulz, headline looks way worse than it is.

5% vs. 13% vs. 11%. so wiiU misses by half-ish.

Actually it is Wii U 5%, X360 13.2%, PS3 13%, X720+PS4 11% (42.2% so far). Add ~58% working on mobiles for a total of 100%. So Wii U is getting almost the same western support as PS4 or X720 if that 11% is split 50-50.

Poor Vita/3DS/PC. They get, based on your numbers, -0.2% of developer love.

Well, I missed that Wii U gets 4.6%, not 5%. So they get 0.2% instead of -0.2%.

Yeah I do wonder where 3ds and vita come into this....

it fits into here just fine.  the mathmatics in this chain of posts is fundamentally flawed.  read EncodedNybble's post.

We were just joking.

Exactly. I was just following OP's logic for the laughs:

"Even if you add all these numbers up, you've got quite a way to go before reaching 100 percent. So what are all the other developers working on?"

Around the Network
Player2 said:
noname2200 said:
kitler53 said:
think-man said:
Player2 said:
noname2200 said:
Player2 said:
kitler53 said:
snip

snip

it fits into here just fine.  the mathmatics in this chain of posts is fundamentally flawed.  read EncodedNybble's post.

We were just joking.

Exactly. I was just following OP's logic for the laughs:

"Even if you add all these numbers up, you've got quite a way to go before reaching 100 percent. So what are all the other developers working on?"

Apple TV

*flees*

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

It doesn't really matter, because they will and can now support the console all by themselves, and they will have Japanese 3rd party support, so it's ok.

Man, just imagine if the Wii had half the third-party support of the PS3 & 360.

noname2200 said:
kitler53 said:
think-man said:
Player2 said:
noname2200 said:
Player2 said:
kitler53 said:
lulz, headline looks way worse than it is.

5% vs. 13% vs. 11%. so wiiU misses by half-ish.

Actually it is Wii U 5%, X360 13.2%, PS3 13%, X720+PS4 11% (42.2% so far). Add ~58% working on mobiles for a total of 100%. So Wii U is getting almost the same western support as PS4 or X720 if that 11% is split 50-50.

We were just joking.

ugh, flew right over my head than.  sorries.

Around the Network
the_dengle said:

It probably would still be selling decent!

The Wii U would probably have more support!

There would still be Wii U is doomed articles!

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

the_dengle said:

Sadly that's what you'll have to do, just imagine.

EncodedNybble said:
think-man said:

Interesting! and what did you fill out on the survey :P

I'm sure I could log in to the GDC website to find exactly what questions I answered, but I'm too lazy for that right now. Pretty standard stuff. "What company do you work for? How large is the company? What platforms do you work on? What platforms are you interested in working on? What platforms will your next game come out on....stuff like that.

So, if my company was, say, Ubisoft and the next title was AC4, I would mark down "PS3, 360, PC, WiiU". As said before, not mutually exclusive, percentages don't have to add up to 100% (but no percentage should be above 100%)

What catagory did you tick? which are you working on smartphones, consoles etc?

think-man said:

What catagory did you tick? which are you working on smartphones, consoles etc?

Just phones/tablets now. Used to work on PC too, but the company I work for now is all mobile. I've had offers in the past to work on console (most recent being to work on the Deadpool game), but they've all required me to move (I live in San Francisco), were massive pay decreases, and, seemingly, offered less "work/life balance." So, given those facts, and the fact that I just recently got married, none of them were too appealing besides the games I'd be working on. Maybe I will eventually, or perhaps if dev kits are cheaper in the future, I can work on them as an indie developer by myself (outsourcing some art), but, for now, mobile only as I don't plan on doing much development outside of 9-5 job.

This is great news for Wii U fans! 40% of PS360 devs working on titles with that number set to grow 50% with the next round of titles. The future of 3rd party support looks bright! Personally I only care about the high-end titles, but the more the merrier.