By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

outlawauron said:
Aerys said:
The real problem in Europe is the visibility, Vita doesnt exist, even Amazon doesnt know what are the next release ( nothing about Soul Sacrifice/killzone/tearaway)

Who are you replying to in a thread about Japanese Vita sales?

I'd expect it to do pretty well this week, but you'd have to wonder what the stock situation is. You'd there'd be plenty because of the new PSO bundle.

Someone who wanted the same thing in west, where it will be much difficult to increase sales.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Man Japan loves those handhelds. I hope some of the obvious JRPGs that get made for the console ends up in the west eventually. But selling these handhelds here will be tough work even with a price cut.

The chances of PSV outselling 3DS is much higher in the West than in Japan.

Without a GTA/Gran Turisme/God Of War, it will be difficult indeed...

Even Killzone M wont move a lot of hardware.

All because of smartphone, Vita is targeting people who own a smartphone and prefer to play on home console, when 3DS works in west thanks to the children.

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Aerys said:

Without a GTA/Gran Turisme/God Of War, it will be difficult indeed...

Even Killzone M wont move a lot of hardware.

All because of smartphone, Vita is targeting people who own a smartphone and prefer to play on home console, when 3DS works in west thanks to the children.

I'm sorry what?

No, 3DS works in the west because of Pokemon (which isn't out yet).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network

Wow! excited for next week's numbers!

That sounds good. The Vita needed a break from the doomed-ness. I am happy for the little portable.

now only if capcom releases Monster Hunter on Vita. that sales will sky rocket, heck even announce the game there will a considerable spike in the sales

What are the next big releases for the Vita in Japan?

We've been burned by line pictures before people, don't get your hopes too too high.