By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Vita selling out in Japan

Aj_habfan said:
We've been burned by line pictures before people, don't get your hopes too too high.

If you read more than the opening line you would see that they mention reports of claiming that stores have sold out off the Vita.

The OP was kind enough to mention that this a different thread elaborating on the initial "pictures" with reports.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Around the Network

vitas only a year old. any price cuts will give big boosts to sales. resurrection incoming!

Pretty sure that is only around the large retailers that always sell out when something new happens.. I live in Tokyo and the stores around me still have it in stock normally.

scottie said:
Is it really news that there hasn't been this much excitement since launch for Vita? I mean, this is the first price drop, and there have been no big game releases. It would be very scary if this didn't cause the most excitement since launch.

dont be rational this is vgchartz ;)

I dont think this is the turnaround for the Vita, and a rice drop naturally means high sales at first day. But I am sceptical that this sales will continue.  Many shops don't have much Vitas in stock so even a "sellout" could mean low sales. Let's wait for the real sales numbers. I think they will be four times the normal vita sales, but even that will be disappointing.

8k more Vitas sold a week confirmed.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Around the Network
Turkish said:
What are the next big releases for the Vita in Japan?

Today: Senran Kagura, Phantasy Star Online 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

Mar 7: Soul Sacrifice, Tales of Hearts R

Mar 14: Stein's Gate, Nobunaga no Yabou

Mar 20: Dead or Alive 5+, Atelier Meruru+, Pro Baseball Spirits 2013, One Piece Pirate Warriors 2

Mar 28: Sei Madou Monogatari, Oboro Muramasa

BaldrSkies said:
Turkish said:
What are the next big releases for the Vita in Japan?

Today: Senran Kagura, Phantasy Star Online 2, Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

Mar 7: Soul Sacrifice, Tales of Hearts R

Mar 14: Stein's Gate, Nobunaga no Yabou

Mar 20: Dead or Alive 5+, Atelier Meruru+, Pro Baseball Spirits 2013, One Piece Pirate Warriors 2

Mar 28: Sei Madou Monogatari, Oboro Muramasa

Looks like march is gonna be a good month for Vita then!

Attoyou said:
8k more Vitas sold a week confirmed.

that's evil ;)

These guys (PSLS) point out that this March could be the best month for the Vita in Japan since launch. Much of it was already raised here. Hopefully they are right.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/02/27/march-of-the-vita-psv-could-have-best-month-since-launch/

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

MANUELF said:
Good for vita and sorry for being the realistic one but even if some developers saw the sales of the vita reach 500k this week the games they would start making wont be ready for another two years at least

The benefit may be more a case of them making some of their 3ds exclusive games multiplatform. That  could be a small as a few months of porting, for games  which aren't out yet or haven't had a western release this leaves the potential for them launching on 3dS+Vita at the same time. 

I was planning to pick of a 3DS year but I might wait it out to see if japanese developer finally start paying attention to the vita, which I already own. All I really want is for Square enix to take notice and consider porting  Kingdom Hearts (3d+HD), FFType0 anfd bravery default would be awesome too.