By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720: EA & Microsoft to announce exclusivity deal at April reveal – rumour

I really cant see this being for FIFA maybe other games if the money is enough.. as big as FIFA is in europe the Playstation brand is just as big and i cant see the majority of people buying the new xbox just for FIFA day one, the fanbase would split among football games on playstation and i doubt EA will see long term value in that

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:

Yeah,because i don't buy DLC normally

And if i buy,i will ask my friend give me some 1600 points card

well i do, and i would be annoyed if every "if not most" ea games have exclusive dlc on the nextbox

Yeah, I agree. Buying an Xbox for its exclusives is simply not an option.

This could really screw over Sony, essentially only three companies consistently sell well in the US: EA, Activision, and Nintendo. Activision fans already prefer Microsoft, and Nintendo is 100% out of the question. If Microsoft secures EA, then there will be very little reason for the US to bother with a PS4.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Soundwave said:

Sony is screwed if this is anything significant.

If MS wants to take Europe, getting next-gen FIFA exclusive for 2-3 months would put them in the driver's seat.

It is odd that EA did not appear at the PS4 event at all. 

fifa sells like crack everywhere but america..... we like our madden although tbh id rather nfl2k.  ea is scared of 2k just like nba2k killed live .  that would be huge

DanneSandin said:
That could be huge for xbox! :D Even if it's only a few months of timed exclusives it would give them an edge. We've all already seen this with the Wii U.

Wait your friend did not know this?

Anyway probably just exclusive map packs for Battlefield 4 because Sony went with Activision.  not that big of a deal.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
DanneSandin said:
That could be huge for xbox! :D Even if it's only a few months of timed exclusives it would give them an edge. We've all already seen this with the Wii U.

Wait your friend did not know this?

Anyway probably just exclusive map packs for Battlefield 4 because Sony went with Activision.  not that big of a deal.

He didn't tell me anyways, and when I asked I got no reply... I'm starting to get an eerie feeling

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

zhao3gold said:
Microsoft, could you please stop this fucking timed-exclusive deal? As a Xbox fan, I want to see the real exclusive games only availabe on your console.

i dont see nothing wrong with it but im trying to figure why people keep talking about exclusives.  obviously ms will have to come out with new ips and they damn as well better know it

just saw this http://dualpixels.com/2013/02/26/ea-hosting-live-conference-today-about-ps4/ so the rumor would be odd

time to wake up from your dream guys.. fifa exclusive to xbox? yea right! more like 2 extra battlefield maps!

Soundwave said:

Sony is screwed if this is anything significant.

If MS wants to take Europe, getting next-gen FIFA exclusive for 2-3 months would put them in the driver's seat.

It is odd that EA did not appear at the PS4 event at all. 

Quite strange. It's clear to see that FIFA is a big seller and likely major driver of ps3 sales.