By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720: EA & Microsoft to announce exclusivity deal at April reveal – rumour

It would be foolish if true, but oh well.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

according to neogaf, EA is Thrilled with the PS4 specs - the new Battlefield is stunning.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=516274

So I really doubt this latest rumor has some truth. M$ bight still get timed exclusivity for DLC, but nothing more.

EA not being at the Sony show tells it all. Though I doubt its anything more than a couple of exclusive games/dlc.

Betting on Dragon Age 3 as one of them.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

LOL at people thinking it will be anything other then DLC. FIFA2013 sold over 7 million on PS3, MS will have to pay hundreds of millions to EA, just to secure 1 verion of FIFA. At best there is posiblity of new IP being MS timed exclusive.

I doubt EA would ever go entirely exclusive. If anything, this is just about some exclusive Kinect centric sport games.

There's way too much money to be made by being multi-plat.

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Talal said:
Why not create new studios with that money. I wouldn't be happy if that were true. I can accept exclusive DLC but full games is too much.

I was just about to write the same :)

It makes a lot more sense in the long term to invest in first-party software rather than lease some high-profile EA titles for a few months.

They already created 10+ studios

Why can't people just read some news before reply.

Sweep said:
The FIFA License doesn't allow any exclusivity on platforms so you can forget about this one

Neither does the NFL licence they use for madden.

Truly exclusive games are out of the question, of course. There is no way Microsoft is going to given EA enough money to cover revenue lost from not releasing PS4 versions.

Timed exclusive games are possible, though I don't see why either Microsoft or EA would go that route. It seemed like something of a failure when Microsoft did it previously. In fact, it wouldn't bother me if they pulled it again, as I enjoyed getting versions that were clearly superior. On EA's side, it would make competing games sell better on the PS4, and older ports never sell as well, so I can't imagine how it would help their franchises grow. They wouldn't just lose revenue, they'd lose market share and franchise value.

It will almost certainly be timed exclusive map packs and maybe DLC. Anything beyond that seems like it would be a bad business move.

D-Joe said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Talal said:
Why not create new studios with that money. I wouldn't be happy if that were true. I can accept exclusive DLC but full games is too much.

It makes a lot more sense in the long term to invest in first-party software rather than lease some high-profile EA titles for a few months.

Maybe it will help once said studios release any relevant games.

Hynad said:
D-Joe said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Talal said:

Maybe it will help once said studios release any relevent games.

They talking about next-gen first party games

None of any MS studios released next-gen games(even a trailer) because MS still doesn't announce next-gen Xbox