By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720: EA & Microsoft to announce exclusivity deal at April reveal – rumour

D-Joe said:
zhao3gold said:
Microsoft, could you please stop this fucking timed-exclusive deal? As a Xbox fan, I want to see the real exclusive games only availabe on your console.

I know,Sony announce exclusive DLC of Destiny is okay but Microsoft can't do that,right.

difference between 1 game, and money hatting an entire compny

Around the Network
007BondAgent said:
Soundwave said:
007BondAgent said:
i'm not buying it

ea has alwys been pro sony

Isn't it curious then that they were notably absent from the PS4 event? The other two big Western pubs (Activision and Ubi Soft) were there, but no EA. 

We also can infer that EA has been looking for a sweetheart deal with their Origin service, reportedly they tried to get Nintendo to use it but that deal fell apart. Perhaps they found Microsoft to be more accomodating (with more money bags to boot). 

if this does happen then sony better have something to counter it, like n exclusive final fantasy, or they are stuffed :P

I doubt it means full exclusivity, most likely just 720 gets certain big EA games first or something. 

Soundwave said:
JEMC said:
C'mon, EA is not that dumb.

Actually accepting huge money bags from Microsoft makes a lot of sense for EA.

Neither the PS4/720 will have huge userbases this fall (more precisely 0 to start with), so it's not such a big deal to them for at least the first months if all EA fans are channelled into one platform (the 720) instead of the two.

It's not like the PS4 is the PS3 where it has 70 million users that EA would be ignoring, this is ignoring maybe a userbase of 4-5 million for the first few months ... not even ignoring really, if it's about staggered exclusives.

True, but that's only good for the short term.

If that deal goes beyond launch, EA could face end having a huge problem in Europe. As you've said, FIFA is very strong in Europe, but so is PES. Now think of the PS4/WiiU consumers that want to play a football game, what is more likely to happen:

1-those users buying a Nextbox to play FIFA.

2-those users waiting the 2-3 months for FIFA to launch on their consoles.

3-skip FIFA and get PES, which Konami would be smart enough to launch at the same time than FIFA to take advantage of the situation.

Personally, I think option 3 is more likely than the others.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
zhao3gold said:
Microsoft, could you please stop this fucking timed-exclusive deal? As a Xbox fan, I want to see the real exclusive games only availabe on your console.

I know,Sony announce exclusive DLC of Destiny is okay but Microsoft can't do that,right.

The only difference between 1 game or 10 games is MS richer than their competitors,not less "evil" or something like.

Money hat is money hat,more or less doesn't make them become good guy.

JEMC said:
Soundwave said:
JEMC said:
C'mon, EA is not that dumb.

Actually accepting huge money bags from Microsoft makes a lot of sense for EA.

Neither the PS4/720 will have huge userbases this fall (more precisely 0 to start with), so it's not such a big deal to them for at least the first months if all EA fans are channelled into one platform (the 720) instead of the two.

It's not like the PS4 is the PS3 where it has 70 million users that EA would be ignoring, this is ignoring maybe a userbase of 4-5 million for the first few months ... not even ignoring really, if it's about staggered exclusives.

True, but that's only good for the short term.

If that deal goes beyond launch, EA could face end having a huge problem in Europe. As you've said, FIFA is very strong in Europe, but so is PES. Now think of the PS4/WiiU consumers that want to play a football game, what is more likely to happen:

1-those users buying a Nextbox to play FIFA.

2-those users waiting the 2-3 months for FIFA to launch on their consoles.

3-skip FIFA and get PES, which Konami would be smart enough to launch at the same time than FIFA to take advantage of the situation.

Personally, I think option 3 is more likely than the others.

I doubt it would be a long term deal. Maybe just something to ensure Microsoft gets the lion share of the Madden (which they have on the 360 anyway) and FIFA and Battlefield audiences early on. 

Call of Duty was on the PS3 too, but it became heavily associated with the XBox first and foremost because the 1st next gen CoD game was basically 360 exclusive. 

MS may be looking to replicate that type of "brand" tying with EA franchises this time out. 

Around the Network

Impressive, if true.

D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
zhao3gold said:

The only difference between 1 game or 10 games is MS richer than their competitors,not less "evil" or something like.

and you actully think this is okay?

007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
zhao3gold said:

Yeah,because i don't buy DLC normally

And if i buy,i will ask my friend give me some 1600 points card

Probably another time-exclusive DLC deal.

I doubt EA will ever sign any kind of exclusivity deal for FIFA. The franchise will sell regardless of the platform.

Battlefield is another story. If MS offers good money for exclusivity, EA might accept.

D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
007BondAgent said:
D-Joe said:
zhao3gold said:

Yeah,because i don't buy DLC normally

And if i buy,i will ask my friend give me some 1600 points card

well i do, and i would be annoyed if every "if not most" ea games have exclusive dlc on the nextbox