By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720: EA & Microsoft to announce exclusivity deal at April reveal – rumour

Pristine20 said:
Soundwave said:
JEMC said:
C'mon, EA is not that dumb.

Actually accepting huge money bags from Microsoft makes a lot of sense for EA. 

Neither the PS4/720 will have huge userbases this fall (more precisely 0 to start with), so it's not such a big deal to them for at least the first months if all EA fans are channelled into one platform (the 720) instead of the two.

It's not like the PS4 is the PS3 where it has 70 million users that EA would be ignoring, this is ignoring maybe a userbase of 4-5 million for the first few months ... not even ignoring really, if it's about staggered exclusives. 

QFT

Not a big deal ? And what if Sony retaliates by not allowing EA to release those games (2014 sports franchises) on their current gen platform ? Don't you think EA would loose some money there ?

Around the Network

If BF4 is a timed-exclusive NextBox launch title, then there goes all the Killzone hype that would have made some core gamers switch over to PS4.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Sweep said:

Not a big deal ? And what if Sony retaliates by not allowing EA to release those games (2014 sports franchises) on their current gen platform ? Don't you think EA would loose some money there ?

Sony would only hurt themselves in such a move, FIFA is obviously a big system mover for the PS3 in Europe.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA and Sony do make monetary deals, but what hes saying has truth to it. EA and Sony have been relatively close for quite a few gens and EA tends to lean to Sony more often than not. It's like the relationship Activision has with Microsoft.

EA is a business, they don't have any fanboy relationship with a system; they go where the business is.

Ever since the no used games rumor about nextbox, I've thought that if true, MS would have to have a serious ace or two or five up their sleeves in order to have a chance to pull it off. Long term or full exclusivity of major games would do it.
I don't think it's true though and at most this is probably just some same old same DLC shit.

I LOVE paying for Xbox Live! I also love that my love for it pisses off so many people.

Around the Network
toadslayer72 said:
Ever since the no used games rumor about nextbox, I've thought that if true, MS would have to have a serious ace or two or five up their sleeves in order to have a chance to pull it off. Long term or full exclusivity of major games would do it.
I don't think it's true though and at most this is probably just some same old same DLC shit.

I really don't think it's true either. But that kind of practice would fit pretty well with what vision of the future EA has.

Hmm, I wonder who will get to publish all EA's licenced/sports/etc games now that EA are rumoured to have broken their contracts? Probably Activision I would imagine.

Stinky said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA and Sony do make monetary deals, but what hes saying has truth to it. EA and Sony have been relatively close for quite a few gens and EA tends to lean to Sony more often than not. It's like the relationship Activision has with Microsoft.

EA is a business, they don't have any fanboy relationship with a system; they go where the business is.

I understand this full well. 

It appears as if Activision and EA are switching places (meaning Activision is more for Sony and EA is more for MS).

At least if this rumor is true.

yo_john117 said:
It appears as if Activision and EA are switching places (meaning Activision is more for Sony and EA is more for MS).

At least if this rumor is true.

Why wasnt Call Of Duty at the Sony press conference?