By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 720: EA & Microsoft to announce exclusivity deal at April reveal – rumour

Whats will all the Sony fan meltdowns? its only a rumor people.

Around the Network
Horrorfest said:
Oh look. EA is holding a PS4 conference. Yeah this was one of the dumbest rumors I've heard. Not sure why OP posted it since it's clearly bullshit.

That conference was yesterday and it wasnt all about the PS4.

Horrorfest said:
Oh look. EA is holding a PS4 conference. Yeah this was one of the dumbest rumors I've heard. Not sure why OP posted it since it's clearly bullshit.

You should try saying the same in the clearly bullshit 720 threads sometime that are posted by some of the Sony fans on this site.

I don't know why, but I have this gut feeling that all current premature PS4>>>>>>720 is setting up the stage for some massive meltdowns.

D-Joe said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Talal said:
Why not create new studios with that money. I wouldn't be happy if that were true. I can accept exclusive DLC but full games is too much.

I was just about to write the same :)

It makes a lot more sense in the long term to invest in first-party software rather than lease some high-profile EA titles for a few months.

They already created 10+ studios

Why can't people just read some news before reply.

So is 10 the limit or something? I'm just saying that instead of doing that they could create more jobs open new studios and make new games instead of paying to get exclusive content from an old company.

Around the Network

All rumors are complete bullshit until proven otherwise. That said Microsoft's display of frugality this past generation. Obviously comes with some serious benefits. Namely that it gives them much more walking around money. This is what happens when a company holds price points for extended periods of times, run a successful subscription service, produces highly successful peripherals, and makes good game development choices. Microsoft really didn't have a lot in the way of wasted efforts.

So any person suggesting that the gaming branch of Microsoft is raiding the corporate coffers is just plain deluded. They spent last generation building a war chest, and made sacrifices to maximize their earning potential. Sometimes costing them some sales. Sometimes even giving a competitor those sales. A lot of the sales their competition got can be attributed to Microsoft holding back. Not cutting the prices of their hardware, not splurging on new studio acquisitions, and not negotiating more exclusives from third parties.

You wouldn't think it by the way some people act on these forums, but Sony probably spent more then four times as much money on their console then Microsoft spent on theirs. If outspending your competition by massive margins is a sin. Then Sony is fucking drenched in the blood of the innocent. You cannot hold other companies accountable for the fact that Sony built a money pit of a game console, and then insisted on filling that pit with billions of dollars. I haven't heard many Sony fans on all of these forums bitching, and moaning about Sony turning that console around. From either a early death, or a distant third place finish to a close third place finish.

Can we please get real if Microsoft ends up outspending Sony by a wide margin this generation. It will not be, because they are a bad company, that they are cheating, or that they are having big brother win the fight for them. It will be equal parts the fact that Sony squandered a fortune, and Microsoft built a fortune. The situation is what it is. There is no use crying foul now if you didn't cry foul back then when Sony was blowing through all that cash. That they would need to block certain moves by Microsoft this generation.

As for the rumor as per the usual I have a different view on it then everyone else. It seems to me that Microsoft doesn't have to pay Electronic Arts any money to get the definitive version of their games. This may be why Microsoft set up Skybox studio. To create apps that could be supported, and integrated into Electronic Arts sports games. Things like real time sports tickers during online play. Weekly updates of real world player stats. Perhaps during the game you could access educational videos from real gurus of the game. To give you the ins and outs of good strategy.

slowmo said:
Horrorfest said:

You should try saying the same in the clearly bullshit 720 threads sometime that are posted by some of the Sony fans on this site.

?

why. it's not my job to defend Microsoft and I wouldn't anyways. 

If this is true Microsofts hypocrisy continues. They love buying timed exclusives but stopping the competition from doing it.

Rafux said:
EA and Sony have been best pals for years. Sounds like BS.

You mean throwing them money?

Nsanity said:
Rafux said:
EA and Sony have been best pals for years. Sounds like BS.

You mean throwing them money?

EA and Sony do make monetary deals, but what hes saying has truth to it. EA and Sony have been relatively close for quite a few gens and EA tends to lean to Sony more often than not. It's like the relationship Activision has with Microsoft.