By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is sony Desperate, Why a early reveal and why the question Dodging?

I posted a article that was posted by Craig Snow to prove my point. Why is sony jumping the gun so much? Is it that MS has got some aces up their sleeves? Lets not forget they patented a technology that would allow the software company to block second hand games. So they seem to have dodged the second hand question by saying it was up to the software company. Of course the software company is going to block or upcharge for a second hand game. Cliff Bleszinski just came out and said the game industry is in a bad place. How do you solve that? Get rid of gamestop? Personal I buy new but I would like games to be lowered in price if they are not going to bring $60 worth of gaming to the table.  What do you think? Is Sony shaking in their boots or are they just being Sony?  Seems they are trying real hard to out do whatever MS is going to reveal. I personally think Illumi Room is going to bigger than what this site thinks. I will own one, day one.

By Craig Snow

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89809/sony-revises-list-of-third-party-ps4-developers-down-considerably/

During Sony's PlayStation 4 announcement conference they briefly advertised an image that demonstrated the sheer number of third parties purportedly working on PlayStation 4 games. Afterwards, they followed this up by publishing a complete list, which we reported on here. That list contained almost 150 names, 53 of which are developers based in Europe.

But today Sony revised the number of European PlayStation 4 developers down quite considerably, from the aforementioned 53 to 28. It seems that Sony got a bit ahead of themselves. VG24/7 are reporting, for example, that Mojang's inclusion was an 'error on Sony's side', and according to them the same applies to a number of other developers. Likewise Gamasutra even reported that 17-bit, despite being included on the list "does not have a PS4 dev kit as of yet, although that's not for lack of trying".

It begs the question of how many Japanese and American developers are also on the list that shouldn't be, and why Sony felt the need to beef up the list when it would very quickly be disputed by the developers themselves.

Anyway, here's the updated list:

• Avalanche Studios
  • Blitz Games Studios
  • Bohemia Interactive
  • CD Projekt RED
  • Climax Studios
  • Hello Games
  • Just Add Water (Developments), Ltd.
  • Deep Silver
  • Lucid Games Ltd
  • MercurySteam
  • Ninja Theory Ltd
  • Nixxes Software BV
  • Paradox Interactive
  • Rebellion
  • Saber Interactive
  • Creative Assembly
  • IO Interactive
  • Starbreeze Studios
  • 2K Games
  • Team 17 Digital LTD
  • Yager
  • Zen Studios
  • keen games
  • Splash Damage
  • Stainless Games Ltd
  • Sumo Digital
  • Codemasters
  • TT Games

Around the Network

The future of gaming. This will sell like hot cakes at the right price.

At CES 2013, Microsoft unveiled a proof-of-concept video of IllumiRoom, the latest addition to the Kinect's repertoire of tricks. By reading the shape of a room, the new technology creates projections dynamically, extending the usable display beyond the edges of your TV.

Microsoft official site explains, "IllumRoom uses a Kinect for Windows camera and a projector to blur the lines between on-screen content and the environment we live in allowing us to combine our virtual and physical words. For example, our system can change the appearance of the room, induce apparent motion, extend the field of view, and enable entirely new game experiences."

Given the limited capabilities of the current version of Kinect, it is safe to assume that these new features may ship with Microsoft's next-generation console. IllumiRoom notably crafts its projections without the assistance of post production, a feature that hardly seems reasonable on modern Kinect hardware. Microsoft promises full details by the end of April.

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of IllumiRoom is its potential to change the way user interfaces function in games. For example, extra visual information displayed outside the boundaries of the screen could provide cues that usually block the player's view of the world that developers have lovingly molded for them. Aside from the flashy lights and momentary wow-factor, IllumiRoom carries serious practical potential. Kinect 1.0 introduced the ability for players to talk to their Xbox 360s, but now it's time for us to listen to our consoles.

Last we heard, the company was also in final talks to acquire home automation company id8 Group R2 Studios. Simply put, id8 is known for Android software which allows mobile devices to control home appliances. If the deal goes through, the next Xbox's connectivity may encompass entire households.

As Latinos Post reported earlier, rumors originating from a former Ubisoft employee suggest that the Xbox 720 will sport an 8800 series GPU, 8GB RAM, an eight-core CPU, and a 640GB hard drive. However, no official specs have been announced, so take these details with a grain of salt.

Gamers won't likely have to wait long for Microsoft to open up about its next system. In fact, the company's Xbox Live coordinator Larry Hryb has set a timer on his blog which ends on the day of Microsoft's E3 Press conference. Consoles have traditionally been announced at the event in years past, so it's not that far of a stretch that the Xbox 720 will make its debut on June 11

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/9345/20130110/xbox-720-news-kinect-2-0-illumiroom.htm

sony put some much out there is because if MS does something the same people will say wow ms is copying sony
so it wont be a big deal. sony was smart by going first and what ever ms does they cant compete with the ps4

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Sony lied about nothing, Kaz Hirai made a brash challenge saying that Sony will wait until Microsoft unveiled their next Xbox until they would do show off theirs as well. It got bad press in the gaming community stating that Sony should release it first seeing as both consoles dont have very much time to change their parts anyhow. Sony then had a change of heart and showed off the PS4. Sony wouldn't unveil what they don't have and neither would Nintendo or Microsoft.

coolguy said:
sony put some much out there is because if MS does something the same people will say wow ms is copying sony
so it wont be a big deal. sony was smart by going first and what ever ms does they cant compete with the ps4

I'm sorry but Illumi Room is not something Sony did and most people don't know about it yet. Wait until E3 and the world zones in on it. It will seperate the 2. You are right they wanted to make that distintion but I don't think it will work with MS's new tech.

Around the Network

Already posted.

Also stop it.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Sony lied about nothing, Kaz Hirai made a brash challenge saying that Sony will wait until Microsoft unveiled their next Xbox until they would do show off theirs as well. It got bad press in the gaming community stating that Sony should release it first seeing as both consoles dont have very much time to change their parts anyhow. Sony then had a change of heart and showed off the PS4. Sony wouldn't unveil what they don't have and neither would Nintendo or Microsoft.

Kaz did fantastic... he really said he will not show the PS4 before Nextbox... even so he makes a Susseful and Amazing conference to show everything but the PS4 itself.

Genious... Genious.

OP. Arggggg the conferecence was succeful and I think Sony made the best move... now the world is PS4.

sounds to me like someone else is desperate

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
sounds to me like someone else is desperate

this.

easyrider said:

The future of gaming. This will sell like hot cakes at the right price.

You realize Sony posted a video of this technology 3 years ago right?

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.