By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Is sony Desperate, Why a early reveal and why the question Dodging?

Dodece said:
I genuinely don't know which thread is worse. This one which paints this revelation as a sinister conspiracy, or the one that is almost pure propaganda. Claiming that disappearing developers is a really good thing. It is neither by the way. Sony fucked up, and didn't fact check its disclosures. Yes it is amateurish, but hardly something malicious. On the whole Sony neither gains or loses anything.

Can we stop fighting for millimeters, and while we are at it can we please stop with the ridiculous leaps.

I'm Asking  simply questions. There is motivations for every action. Sony is hurting! look at their stock, It's going down in flames.

All the talk about 720 and it's failure before their is any information is ok but to talk about sony when we do got actions and information is not ok? This is Vgchartz. I'm just giving back the questions as they come. When I hold up mirror the sony fans seem to go nutz. LOLOLOLOLOL

Around the Network
zero129 said:
HesAPooka said:
EspadaGrim said:
HesAPooka said:
easyrider said:

The future of gaming. This will sell like hot cakes at the right price.

You realize Sony posted a video of this technology 3 years ago right?

Actually no they didnt they MS showed proof of concept on actual tecnology while Sony made a vid that had dudes in spandex moving things around a room.

You're really reaching now lol

If that is the video you where on about as i dont remember any other video from Sony (I didnt even know that one was from Sony??) showing something like what Illumiroom is doing. And in that video pretty much all you see is some guys in spandex moving shit around while lights flash over the place. Thats nothing like this..

Why is sony jumping the gun so much?  But if Sony had done the show after MS, other people'd have post : "why Sony so late again in showing PS4, giving the advantage to MS".    If MS had done the show before Sony, you would have post the same silly questions about MS being desperate and why.

Sony did very well to capture the attention of Media, gamers, publishers, their console is a jewel and the best will be shown during E3. Naughty Dog will crash our jaws, and they will show PS4 in all its beauty.  Sony are focusing a lot on gaming, on hardcore also; I see the MS console targeting something different, more to casual, more on a entertainment system, with Kinect2, and other surprises, but more casual oriented.

PS4 will be more powerful than the Next XBox, better graphics, better specs.  

Now let's wait and see what they will show at E3, and let's stop posting silly Threads.

easyrider said:

I posted a article that was posted by Craig Snow to prove my point. Why is sony jumping the gun so much? Is it that MS has got some aces up their sleeves? Lets not forget they patented a technology that would allow the software company to block second hand games. So they seem to have dodged the second hand question by saying it was up to the software company. Of course the software company is going to block or upcharge for a second hand game. Cliff Bleszinski just came out and said the game industry is in a bad place. How do you solve that? Get rid of gamestop? Personal I buy new but I would like games to be lowered in price if they are not going to bring $60 worth of gaming to the table.  What do you think? Is Sony shaking in their boots or are they just being Sony?  Seems they are trying real hard to out do whatever MS is going to reveal. I personally think Illumi Room is going to bigger than what this site thinks. I will own one, day one.

By Craig Snow

http://www.gamrreview.com/news/89809/sony-revises-list-of-third-party-ps4-developers-down-considerably/

During Sony's PlayStation 4 announcement conference they briefly advertised an image that demonstrated the sheer number of third parties purportedly working on PlayStation 4 games. Afterwards, they followed this up by publishing a complete list, which we reported on here. That list contained almost 150 names, 53 of which are developers based in Europe.

But today Sony revised the number of European PlayStation 4 developers down quite considerably, from the aforementioned 53 to 28. It seems that Sony got a bit ahead of themselves. VG24/7 are reporting, for example, that Mojang's inclusion was an 'error on Sony's side', and according to them the same applies to a number of other developers. Likewise Gamasutra even reported that 17-bit, despite being included on the list "does not have a PS4 dev kit as of yet, although that's not for lack of trying".

It begs the question of how many Japanese and American developers are also on the list that shouldn't be, and why Sony felt the need to beef up the list when it would very quickly be disputed by the developers themselves.

Anyway, here's the updated list:

• Avalanche Studios
  • Blitz Games Studios
  • Bohemia Interactive
  • CD Projekt RED
  • Climax Studios
  • Hello Games
  • Just Add Water (Developments), Ltd.
  • Deep Silver
  • Lucid Games Ltd
  • MercurySteam
  • Ninja Theory Ltd
  • Nixxes Software BV
  • Paradox Interactive
  • Rebellion
  • Saber Interactive
  • Creative Assembly
  • IO Interactive
  • Starbreeze Studios
  • 2K Games
  • Team 17 Digital LTD
  • Yager
  • Zen Studios
  • keen games
  • Splash Damage
  • Stainless Games Ltd
  • Sumo Digital
  • Codemasters
  • TT Games

The hell is this, when did Sony say blocking used games is up for the software company? They confirmed PS4 plays used games: http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/02/21/dont-worry-ps4-will-play-used-games/  and thats all the confirmation you need to know, no need to confuse us with Sony patents everybody already heard of.

i think Sony shouldve waited till Msoft announcement, specially if its going to deliver a clearly more powerful hw, which is what moves core gaming. In that regard i do feel Sony is in an 'all or nothing' situation.

Around the Network

They are trying to take the wind out of the wii u like they did with the dreamcast.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Bliss said:

Why is sony jumping the gun so much?  But if Sony had done the show after MS, other people'd have post : "why Sony so late again in showing PS4, giving the advantage to MS".    If MS had done the show before Sony, you would have post the same silly questions about MS being desperate and why.

Sony did very well to capture the attention of Media, gamers, publishers, their console is a jewel and the best will be shown during E3. Naughty Dog will crash our jaws, and they will show PS4 in all its beauty.  Sony are focusing a lot on gaming, on hardcore also; I see the MS console targeting something different, more to casual, more on a entertainment system, with Kinect2, and other surprises, but more casual oriented.

Now let's wait and see what they will show at E3, and let's stop posting silly Threads.

LOL! THere is ONE sentence in this that I just love :D I'll point out which one later on ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
Bliss said:

Sony did very well to capture the attention of Media, gamers, publishers, their console is a jewel and the best will be shown during E3. Naughty Dog will crashour jaws, and they will show PS4 in all its beauty.  Sony are focusing a lot on gaming, on hardcore also; I see the MS console targeting something different, more to casual, more on a entertainment system, with Kinect2, and other surprises, but more casual oriented.

LOL! THere is ONE sentence in this that I just love :D I'll point out which one later on ^^

"Naughty Dog will CRASH our jaws, and they will show PS4 in all its beauty"

It's what I capitalized isn't it!?

UnitSmiley said:
DanneSandin said:
Bliss said:

Sony did very well to capture the attention of Media, gamers, publishers, their console is a jewel and the best will be shown during E3. Naughty Dog will crashour jaws, and they will show PS4 in all its beauty.  Sony are focusing a lot on gaming, on hardcore also; I see the MS console targeting something different, more to casual, more on a entertainment system, with Kinect2, and other surprises, but more casual oriented.

I'll tell you later ^^

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

DanneSandin said:
UnitSmiley said:
DanneSandin said:
Bliss said:

I'll tell you later ^^

AIghosihgaoirhgaoiurhbnaoirhbja