By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and its lack of any reasonable sense when it comes to modern technology.

bananaking21 said:
dahuman said:
bananaking21 said:
could somebody explain to me why the download speeds are so slow?

I think it's location based, my downloads are usually at the right speeds on that slow ass USB ethernet thing, pretty sure the Wii U caps it out most of the time actually but it's stable.

Question, superchunk, where do you live?

so its the network then? depending on where your position is and how far from there servers?

maybe, super just said he downloaded the demo in 20min which is not bad, I'm starting to think that maybe Nintendo has the companies run their own download servers lol.............  I mean, you look at shit like Uplay, they are being really open about it so I wouldn't be surprised, of course, I'm just speculating and I'm pretty sure I'm wrong.

Around the Network

It's just Nintendo's servers.

I have fast internet all the time yet downloading stuff on Wii U is never consistent.

JoeTheBro said:

I have fast internet all the time yet downloading stuff on Wii U is never consistent.

Do you live in South Korea or something? 'Cause this is crazy fast speeds...

JoeTheBro said:

WHAT THE FUCK!? Your internet is faster than 99% of the US........

dahuman said:
bananaking21 said:

I think it's location based, my downloads are usually at the right speeds on that slow ass USB ethernet thing, pretty sure the Wii U caps it out most of the time actually but it's stable.

Slow ass? Unless you have a 200M/bit+ internet connection, which I rarely doubt even then you would still be downloading games at possibly 40 M/Bps+ with the ethernet thing. 40MBps was just a comparison as that's what most USB 2.0 HDDs achieve. I mean I consider my 20Mbps or 2.4MBps internet good. And using the adapter will probably result in a more stable connection than Wifi unless your Wii-U is touching the router.

Around the Network

sorry to hear things were so frustrating for you superchunk. good news is ACIII is a lot of fun.

NintendoPie said:
JoeTheBro said:

Do you live in South Korea or something? 'Cause this is crazy fast speeds...

South Korea has such awesome internet. My cousins get their pages uploaded like instantly. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

errorpwns said:
dahuman said:
bananaking21 said:

Slow ass? Unless you have a 200M/bit+ internet connection, which I rarely doubt even then you would still be downloading games at possibly 40 M/Bps+ with the ethernet thing. 40MBps was just a comparison as that's what most USB 2.0 HDDs achieve. I mean I consider my 20Mbps or 2.4MBps internet good. And using the adapter will probably result in a more stable connection than Wifi unless your Wii-U is touching the router.

I'm going to test it real quick on speedtest and see if it's actually 100Base-T in a bit, I was alwasy under the impression that it's 10 which would be like 1.25MB capped out and frawn face slow but the ping is better for playing games, will update later, if speedtest runs lol.

downloaded the first update on 1000mb/s connection and it still took almost 2 hours.

Nintendo really screwed up with this systems OS based on the 4-5 hours I played around with the system.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Otakumegane said:
I can add to the fact that I started DLing my demo of MH3U on WiiU and 3ds at the same time.

The 3DS finished DLing before the WiiU did, and I played the demo for about 40 min until the WiiU version was ready.

Yeah the it's pretty bad.

3DS Monster Hunter would be a smaller size.