By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and its lack of any reasonable sense when it comes to modern technology.

It could be a server issue and not the system... but everything about the OS seems a bit sluggish. I have only downloaded Trine 2, demos and the VC games so, I personally haven't experienced super long download times.

Hopefully you're right and the spring update will solve ALL of the issues...

Steam/Origin ID: salorider

Nintendo Network ID: salorider

PSN: salorider

3DS Friend Code: 4983-4984-4179

Around the Network

from what i know ZombiU is just 6 Gs not 16Gbs. There is something wrong with your connection. M

My bad, you were talking about AC 3 not ZombiU. Heck i better pay more attention.

BaldrSkies said:
Otakumegane said:
I can add to the fact that I started DLing my demo of MH3U on WiiU and 3ds at the same time.

The 3DS finished DLing before the WiiU did, and I played the demo for about 40 min until the WiiU version was ready.

Yeah the it's pretty bad.

To be fair, the 3DS version is a quarter the size :p

Honestly, that's still pretty big. Haha. 

swii26 said:
It could be a server issue and not the system... but everything about the OS seems a bit sluggish. I have only downloaded Trine 2, demos and the VC games so, I personally haven't experienced super long download times.

Hopefully you're right and the spring update will solve ALL of the issues...

Well... Spring + Summer.  There are supposed to be two that addresses the problems.

TheLastStarFighter said:
Yeah, don't blame Nintendo or Wii U. My downloads were at a much, much faster rate. Like at least 10X. I'm not sure what your problem is, but it sounds very frustrating.

I live on the internet.

People watch different netflix shows/movies in up to 3 different places in my house, daily. All HD and all without any lag. Two on wireless as well. (this includes WiiU)

I have no issues with anything, including uploading large amounts of video content to Google+ over wifi.

The only thing I seem to have a problem with is downloading games/patches/content on WiiU.

2hrs for the day one update.

<2hr for the 2nd patch.

25hrs for this game.

Even the smaller games like Trine2 and various demos took 30min to an hour. This is far longer than equivalent content sizes on my PC or were experienced on my PS3.

It has to be the console and something specific to downloading content as its other web-based services like netflix, browser, youtube, etc are all perfect. Now the difference is those are 3rd party items and don't use Nintendo servers.

Honestly, I think it has to do with Nintendo servers. (explains why some users have far better experiences)

It also would be why other parts of OS are slow in transition as they all seem to use web-services. I'm going to add a usb hdd soon as now that I have this game I only have 4GB left anyways. (to test if its just bad internal speeds)

Around the Network
superchunk said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Yeah, don't blame Nintendo or Wii U. My downloads were at a much, much faster rate. Like at least 10X. I'm not sure what your problem is, but it sounds very frustrating.

I live on the internet.

People watch different netflix shows/movies in up to 3 different places in my house, daily. All HD and all without any lag. Two on wireless as well. (this includes WiiU)

I have no issues with anything, including uploading large amounts of video content to Google+ over wifi.

The only thing I seem to have a problem with is downloading games/patches/content on WiiU.

2hrs for the day one update.

<2hr for the 2nd patch.

25hrs for this game.

Even the smaller games like Trine2 and various demos took 30min to an hour. This is far longer than equivalent content sizes on my PC or were experienced on my PS3.

It has to be the console and something specific to downloading content as its other web-based services like netflix, browser, youtube, etc are all perfect. Now the difference is those are 3rd party items and don't use Nintendo servers.

Honestly, I think it has to do with Nintendo servers. (explains why some users have far better experiences)

It also would be why other parts of OS are slow in transition as they all seem to use web-services. I'm going to add a usb hdd soon as now that I have this game I only have 4GB left anyways.

Yeah, that seems like the most likely situation.  I'm sure they will upgrade it eventually.  All though sooner is better than later, I have a feeling it may occur closer to the time the Wii U sales gain momentum. 

RolStoppable said:
So... how do you like the game? I bet you will be even more pissed once you realize that you paid 40 bucks for a turd.

lol, haven't been able to play yet. By the time it was all done, I had other family plans to do. Depending on wife's mood at bed time... ;) ... I may get a chance to play it tonight.

Well lucky for me my internet speed in naturally slow so it takes dozens of hours to download a game anyway....

If it makes you feel any better, I've been downloading Vanquish over the past few days through Playstation Plus.....somehow the file is corrupted. THIS is unacceptable. It took me DAYS to download this game and deleting it and re-downloading is a huge pain in the ass. Looking around the forums, a lot of people have these problems.

My wiiU downloaded Monster hunterU demo (which is about 1GB) in 8minutes, which means that 17gbs would have taken me about 136 minutes to download, so it has to be an internet problem on your part. That or my internet is super-uber fast lol.

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

MDMAlliance said:
BaldrSkies said:
Otakumegane said:
I can add to the fact that I started DLing my demo of MH3U on WiiU and 3ds at the same time.

The 3DS finished DLing before the WiiU did, and I played the demo for about 40 min until the WiiU version was ready.

Yeah the it's pretty bad.

To be fair, the 3DS version is a quarter the size :p

Honestly, that's still pretty big. Haha. 

202 MB is pretty big? O.o