By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Just had a great ps2/psp idea

OK heres my idea.

The PSP probably has at least another 4 years worth of games. the PS2 has a well established user base. Sony could easily make a lot of money if they began to release classic psp titles as budget games for ps2 over the next few years.

It would see low production values as it is a straight port and it will see a high return from the production costs. It would be simple to do as they, from what I am aware, the same operating system.

This way they woud make extra money out of dead titles and also potentially carry on PS2 or boost PS3 sales over the next few years.

what do you think?

Around the Network

they are doing that right now they will release ratchet and clank size matters for ps2

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^ do you think it will continue over the next few years at all?

their also releasing that silent hill game that was on PSP on the PS2.

That's been going on from the start. Most of the best PSP games either originated as PS1 games, or have been put on PS2. Even a fair number of obscure ones (like Innocent Life) are also making their way to PS2.

While this is good for software sales in general, it doesn't do much for the PSP's future. It basically sends the message that anything worth getting on it will eventually be on PS2.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

It basically hurts the PSP especially when the PS2 costs less looks better, and doesnt have a nub that kills your thumb. But it might help the PS2 stay alive for a little longer.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Sky Render said:
That's been going on from the start. Most of the best PSP games either originated as PS1 games, or have been put on PS2. Even a fair number of obscure ones (like Innocent Life) are also making their way to PS2.

While this is good for software sales in general, it doesn't do much for the PSP's future. It basically sends the message that anything worth getting on it will eventually be on PS2.

Why does everyone here always assume that every customer really cares or even knows if it will be out on PS2 6 months after the PSP launch. If software sales in general don't get negatively influenced by this then Sony has absolutely no reason to change it for a few people on a forum. The PSP has been selling more units lately, the PS2 still sold over a miilion last month and there is 0.0 evidence pointing in the direction that PSP get's hurt by this. Having games like Silent hill come out on PS2 gives the game twice the attention it got in the first place and there is nothing bad about that.

Crossmarket potential for the PSP and PS2 is just a luxury that Sony has, and there is no doubt that Nintendo and Microsoft would do the same if they had a handheld and console that are so close to each other in specifcations.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

It might sound like a good business plan, but it's an extremely lame thing to do, especially for us gamers.

I dont think that they will continue this trand for long , or in major way , because then even the low software sales would sink even lower ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well I would lov e to see loco roco or metal gear ops. perhaps upping the rate of dead psp games to ps2 should be increased, even though some people will disagree with me