By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These forums will be hilarious if Next Xbox is more powerful than PS4

Would the meltdowns be epic?

Yes 237 59.25%

No 107 26.75%

Maybe 53 13.25%

Total:397
drkohler said:
raf40928 said:

I built many custom PC's and faster memory often means very little in real word peformance.

Your small rant is so wrong I don't even know where to start so I just leave it at that. For the rest of the readers, the problem of what is faster - ddr3 or gddr5 - is a very complex question, and depends on many things but basically boils down to severely following programming models and how the memory transactions are wired into the system.. It has absolutely, but really absolutely nothing to do with harddisks. You can be 100.000% certain that both Sony and MS ran thousands of hours of code simulations to get to their preferred method. Both systems, PS4 and XBox720, have additional (bus-transactional) hardware that makes it essentially impossible to discuss the matter since we don't now what is going on on the busses when games are running on either system.

Exactly - ppl here try to play quartets with specs and conclude which system will be faster than the other one while not even remotely guessing what impact the components will have. Some were already arguing KZ2 could run with 60fps now because of twice thr RAM...

Around the Network
o_O.Q said:
i don't see why honestly... the xbox being more powerful in no way takes away from the hardware and software features announced for ps4 ( well for me at least )

exactly it wont take away anything except a talking point from playstation users about xbox weaker etc...  then it will fall back  to the games argument.  one thing i hope is that microsoft has a strong line up that actually crushes ps4.  not for the sake of xbox vs ps4.  but for gaming.  that will take away the other argument ms has no games ordont care about "hardcore" gamers.  then both sides can get out their corners and stop being total asses and just enjoy games for games sake not for console sake.

WagnerPaiva said:
The Xbox720 will have better specs for sure, Microsoft will not come last and announce low specs, I expect an equal or slightlly better RAM annd a little tiny improvement in some part of the hardware somehow.
This is a safe bet because Sony would do same if they came last...

Just like they did with the ps3 after a whole year, right?

easyrider said:
baph7667 said:
The only way the 720 could be any noticeably more powerful is if it was more expensive. Surely if they put in 12GB of DDR5 Ram, that's bound to bring the price up to the $500 to $600 price range. Now they could decided to take a loss on each console sold, but would they really be willing to take a significant loss on each one after what happened with rlod? The current prices for 360s suggests otherwise. So, I wouldn't look for it to be drastically more powerful if it is more powerful.

Then you've got the fact that they still also have to become synonymous with more than Halo and Gears to really catch on worldwide to avoid a repeat of this gen.

What was the repeat of this gen?  Selling, 3x the amount as last and still selling. Getting a big portion of sony's exclusive's to come on over to 360. Making a sh-t ton of cash and lets not forget that they have been building up studio's. As I see it, they have positioned themselfs great for the next generation. If they have as much success in how much they progressed. Next gen is going to blow up for them.

I agree they need more first party support but to avoid the level of success and progress is putting your head in the sand 

o

Yeah, doing all that and at the end of the day still being beaten by the Playstation 3.  And there's really no reason to suspect that xbox will blow up next gen because they don't have the momentum on their side now or they'd be winning the console race each and every week, but they're not coming out on top each and every every week these days in the dedicated console market are they?  Somebody else is.

MORE powerful...?

yes i definately gonna buy NextXbox if it comes with the most powerful current PC CPU and GPU, 32GB GDDR5 RAM all for just US$399...

sorry Sony you lose...

Around the Network

They will be very close, even with the rumored specs. The DDR3 vs DDR5 difference is not as big as the internet tells you, when you see a complete system. I think the consoles will be in the 5 - 15% more / less powerful than the counterpart.

So games like Killzone 4 will be easily possible on the next Xbox as well.

I will get the Xbox 3 anyway, because it will likely have the best games lineup and the best online experience again.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Anybody else think GDDR5 bragging is more annoying then when they bragged about the cell?

PS fans have come to expect the best graphics since 2006. It isnt their heritage and thus have abandoned it, but hey, not my problem. Either way, it would smack them in the face so to speak that their new way of life is for naught.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

There will be plenty of meltdowns on these forums regardless of the specifications that will be provided, but I really doubt that it will pivot around hardware specifications when Microsoft unveils, because Microsoft is going to pivot the discussion away from that point of contention. Sony might have learned something about designing a console from their failures last generation, but Microsoft had a lesson to learn as well.

Microsoft needed to learn something about having enough content to keep consumers loyal. They had some truly great games, but not nearly enough of them. Which allowed Sony to crawl back in by overproducing software some years, and after a certain point Microsoft couldn't leverage support for exclusives from third parties. Just like Sony. Microsoft went a long way too address that problem.

Over the past few years while Sony has been cutting back on studios. Microsoft has greedily expanded its own presence. As of today Microsoft has far more studios supporting its platform. Then Sony has supporting theirs, and as of yet we as a community haven't seen the fruits of those labors. Most likely due to Microsoft opting to hoard that development on to the other side of the generational divide.

When Microsoft unveils we aren't going to be talking about the hardware specs nearly as much as we are going to be talking about the number of first party games that Microsoft showcased, or all the software features that Microsoft is going to have baked in. It is going to come as quite a shock to a lot of people. Even though some of us have been pointing it out for quite some time. All the studios that Microsoft has built or bought.

HesAPooka said:
Mnementh said:

Yes probably, but MS-fans will always point out that PS4 is not truly in the same gen.

Really, why is that?

They will do that, if the assume the Nextbox is much more powerful.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Darth Tigris said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i'll be watching the even just to find out whether i need to login to vgc when the nextbox conference is over or not.

i've regretted longing in after the PS4 event, and the more pointless threads i see. the more i wish i had the power to lock them, but that's obviously just me.

Ben. you're a bit blind mate, or were you expecting it to be self explanatory. the forums are going to meltdown if PS4 is more power then nextbox. so ither way, this sites going to hell. al forums are going to hell.

not to mention all the spinning to make one in to something it's not, but we have a full gen. for that.

There is just too much truth here.

so much so that it burns the eyes