By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Fire Emblem now on track to become a major Nintendo franchise?

Well

Yes 61 43.26%

No 12 8.51%

Maybe 53 37.59%

Fire Embelm is coming for... 9 6.38%

Fire Who? 6 4.26%

Total:141

I think intelligent systems as a whole is going to become a much higher profile studio for Nintendo. Especially with how it goes about making new franchises on the eshop and so on I think if it has a good chance of finding a big hit. I really like the way intelligent systems has been doing things for quite some time now.

Around the Network
Fireforgey said:
I think intelligent systems as a whole is going to become a much higher profile studio for Nintendo. Especially with how it goes about making new franchises on the eshop and so on I think if it has a good chance of finding a big hit. I really like the way intelligent systems has been doing things for quite some time now.

*cough* Paper Mario Sticker Star

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
Fireforgey said:

*cough* Paper Mario Sticker Star

Haven't played it so I don't get the hate, but most reviews have been really good.  Plus, even if it is as bad as everyone says, maybe it was Nintendo that rushed them rather than bad developement.  In that case they would be free from blame.

This Fire Emblem is a sort of love letter to the franchise as a whole and very much a 'Awakening' of it to the masses that never got to enjoy it outside of maybe playing Marth, Roy or Ike in Smash Bros. Still for it to become a major Nintendo franchise, Nintendo would have to get the next game in the series that follows Awakening to be as good or even better while maintaining the casual options. Or else it will fade back into the lower tier franchise level that missteps with Star Fox and Metriod have dragged those franchises into.

Its now annual representation via Smash Bros participants has assured it is one of Nintendo's bigger franchises but to move into Major category such as held by Legend of Zelda or Kirby where there is guarenteed hype, the next game with Fire Emblem's name (not inculding SMT x FE because that is a crossover with a different company) has to wow people again. 

Otakumegane said:

IsawYoshi said:
Otakumegane said:
AstroGamer said:
newwil7l said:

What is in the D, B, and A tier

A is Mario and Pokemon

B is Zelda, Smash Bros. and Metroid (Xenoblade may now go here too)

C is Kirby, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing

D is better selling remainder

E/F is whatever is left

but this list is relatively subjective

Eh...I'll fix a bit off that list for you. (Based off purely sales potential)

S-Tier: Mario,Wii series,Pokemon,Smash Bros. (10 million+)

A-Tier:Zelda, Animal crossing,Donkey Kong (5 to 10 million)

B-Tier:Nintendogs,Yoshi, Brain Age (2 to 5 million)

C-Tier:Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem,Xeno-series,Pikmin,Metroid,Kirby (1 to 2 million)

D-Tier:Advance Wars,Mother/Earthbound (Under 1 million)

E-Tier:The rest (Dead franchises)

Recent Notes:

Animal Crossing moved into A-tier from B-tier,

Fire Emblem moved into C-tier from D-tier

Nintendogs moved down into B-tier from S-tier

Kid Icarus moved into C-tier from E-tier

Xeno-series placed in C-tier

Open to changes/discussion.

Is the last story and pandoras tower in that list, or are they too smal/not considered nintendo games?

Nintendo land, rhythm heaven, golden sun and endless ocean should be in there, and nintendo got some weird social sim (animal crossing with sims) coming with a second game on 3ds, the first one sold 2 mil. or so on ds. I can't remeber the name (only japan so far), but they showed the second game the previous direct.   

Pretty sure Last story and Pandora's aren't Nintendo games. 

If you can recommend some changes additions, I would be happy to listen.

Actually they are. Both The Last Story and Pandora's Tower were published by Nintendo in Japan. Although they weren't done in house with a Nintendo owned development studio, they are as much Nintendo games some previous efforts.

NoirSon said:

This Fire Emblem is a sort of love letter to the franchise as a whole and very much a 'Awakening' of it to the masses that never got to enjoy it outside of maybe playing Marth, Roy or Ike in Smash Bros. Still for it to become a major Nintendo franchise, Nintendo would have to get the next game in the series that follows Awakening to be as good or even better while maintaining the casual options. Or else it will fade back into the lower tier franchise level that missteps with Star Fox and Metriod have dragged those franchises into.

Its now annual representation via Smash Bros participants has assured it is one of Nintendo's bigger franchises but to move into Major category such as held by Legend of Zelda or Kirby where there is guarenteed hype, the next game with Fire Emblem's name (not inculding SMT x FE because that is a crossover with a different company) has to wow people again. 

Otakumegane said:

IsawYoshi said:
Otakumegane said:
AstroGamer said:
newwil7l said:

A is Mario and Pokemon

E/F is whatever is left

C-Tier:Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem,Xeno-series,Pikmin,Metroid,Kirby (1 to 2 million)

Recent Notes:

Is the last story and pandoras tower in that list, or are they too smal/not considered nintendo games?

Nintendo land, rhythm heaven, golden sun and endless ocean should be in there, and nintendo got some weird social sim (animal crossing with sims) coming with a second game on 3ds, the first one sold 2 mil. or so on ds. I can't remeber the name (only japan so far), but they showed the second game the previous direct.   

Actually they are. Both The Last Story and Pandora's Tower were published by Nintendo in Japan. Although they weren't done in house with a Nintendo owned development studio, they are as much Nintendo games some previous efforts.

Lol just go to my tier list for that discussion http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155867&page=1#

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Around the Network
NoirSon said:

Otakumegane said:

IsawYoshi said:
Otakumegane said:
AstroGamer said:
newwil7l said:

A is Mario and Pokemon

E/F is whatever is left

Recent Notes:

I think both were funded by nintendo so I think they own the IP's, but I cant remeber where I found it out :/

Maybe. Most likely not though.

Would be about time though, the franchise started in the NES age and has yet to have one game in the million sellers' club. With Awakening being relatively popular and getting relatively a lot of attention as well as likely finally giving the series a million seller, maybe future games can continue to hover around or just above the million seller-line. Wouldn't put any money on it though. No chance it will ever be in Zelda's or Donkey Kong's league let alone Mario's or Pokèmon's.