By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Fire Emblem now on track to become a major Nintendo franchise?

Well

Yes 61 43.26%

No 12 8.51%

Maybe 53 37.59%

Fire Embelm is coming for... 9 6.38%

Fire Who? 6 4.26%

Total:141
homer said:
I'm so jealous. I knew I should have gotten a 3ds instead of wiiu. Instead, all I will be getting in the FE series is a crappy crossover game. Saddens me greatly. :(

We will probably get a fire emblem game on wii u too.

Around the Network
Solid-Stark said:
I've never played a FE game. Is it fine to just jump in on this one with no experience to this franchise?

Yes, these are entirely self-contained games... and each one is different in character/story and even gameplay challenges. There are some exceptions where a story can "continue" between games, but even then each game stands alone. Think of it like the Zelda series... you don't need to play all of them to appreciate any particular one fully.

The Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are two where I recommend play the Gamecube game first and then the Wii version because they are story-linked. Also the Wii version is hardest one to date still I think and you really should play the Gamecube one to level up your play skills.

Fire Emblem Awakening on  3DS is perfect one to be your first regardless.

cusman said:
Solid-Stark said:
I've never played a FE game. Is it fine to just jump in on this one with no experience to this franchise?

Yes, these are entirely self-contained games... and each one is different in character/story and even gameplay challenges. There are some exceptions where a story can "continue" between games, but even then each game stands alone. Think of it like the Zelda series... you don't need to play all of them to appreciate any particular one fully.

The Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are two where I recommend play the Gamecube game first and then the Wii version because they are story-linked. Also the Wii version is hardest one to date still I think and you really should play the Gamecube one to level up your play skills.

Fire Emblem Awakening on  3DS is perfect one to be your first regardless.

It is one of the hardest ones but Awakening's Lunatic+ and Shadow Dragon's Reverse Lunatic are harder than Radiant Dawn's Hard mode.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

It always has been for me *-*

newwil7l said:

What is in the D, B, and A tier

A is Mario and Pokemon

B is Zelda, Smash Bros. and Metroid (Xenoblade may now go here too)

C is Kirby, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing

D is better selling remainder

E/F is whatever is left

but this list is relatively subjective

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network

It could at least reach the tier of Pikmin and Metroid.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Yes, I believe so. It was a long time coming too. I'm so proud for Fire Emblem, it may actually become a big Nintendo franchise because not only are the good games but they release on a somewhat consistent basis so, the new fans will never have to wait too long (and rage) for a new game.

Watch out Pokemon and Zelda, FE is coming to sntach your wig. 

yes i . think it will get better, i made some cousin buy it, just by showing them the game and marth :), they play on normal but i mean more sales for fire emblem !

AstroGamer said:
newwil7l said:

What is in the D, B, and A tier

A is Mario and Pokemon

B is Zelda, Smash Bros. and Metroid (Xenoblade may now go here too)

C is Kirby, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong and Animal Crossing

D is better selling remainder

E/F is whatever is left

but this list is relatively subjective

Is it based on sales or quality?

Compared to most Nintendo franchises, no. But compared to franchises outside of Nintendo, possibly.