By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Fire Emblem now on track to become a major Nintendo franchise?

Well

Yes 61 43.26%

No 12 8.51%

Maybe 53 37.59%

Fire Embelm is coming for... 9 6.38%

Fire Who? 6 4.26%

Total:141

Well? It has been getting a ton of attention lately and seems to be getting a lot of new fans ( including me) I think this franchise is going to continue to grow. It will slowly become a big gun for Ninty, not just Critically.

Around the Network

I never played an FE game until Awakening and it quickly became my favourite 3DS game so far. Everything about it is great. I really can't say enough good things about the game. I'd be thrilled to see it become a major franchise. I could definitely live with a new FE game every year!

Funtime said:
I never played an FE game until Awakening and it quickly became my favourite 3DS game so far. Everything about it is great. I really can't say enough good things about the game. I'd be thrilled to see it become a major franchise. I could definitely live with a new FE game every year!

The same exact thing happened to me. I had never played Fire Emblem. Now it is my favorite 3DS game

It's about frakking time. FE kicks ass!

It was the first fire emblem game I ever bought. After playing the GBA one thanks to the ambassador program and playing the demo version I knew I would like it. It has been sold out on Amazon for a while and the three times I went to my local stores (twice to Walmart and one to Meijer) it was sold out. I finally found a copy at Meijer (the last one!) and am having a lot of fun with the game. Hopefully younger kids are buying it due to the great commercial and Nintendo under-estimated the demand.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

I've never played a FE game. Is it fine to just jump in on this one with no experience to this franchise?

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Maybe, The NPD results for will be interesting. The whole shipment fiasco has seem to have caused more consumers to purchase the game digitally. And with Nintendo seemingly undershipping the game, the NPD numbers could be dissapointing.I also highly doubt Nintendo will reveal the digital numbers anytime soon if at all.

With that said, I would love nothing more then Fire Emblem becoming a popular and common franchise for Nintendo. Awakening is quite arguably the best 3DS game, yet alone the best Fire Emblem game to grace the Western shores. Fantastic story, characters, visuals, and gameplay topped off with a stunning presentation and music make this one of the best games I've ever played.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286

I think you might be right. Nintendo would be wise to take advantage of this opportunity. It should upload old Fire Emblem games to the Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console to allow owners to get more familiar with the series. On a personal note, I would really appreciate some localized versions of the oldest, Japan-only Fire Emblem games.

supermario128 said:
It was the first fire emblem game I ever bought. After playing the GBA one thanks to the ambassador program and playing the demo version I knew I would like it. It has been sold out on Amazon for a while and the three times I went to my local stores (twice to Walmart and one to Meijer) it was sold out. I finally found a copy at Meijer (the last one!) and am having a lot of fun with the game. Hopefully younger kids are buying it due to the great commercial and Nintendo under-estimated the demand.

Um. This isn't really a "younger kids" game. It earns its T-rating.

@OT, I hope so. With Awakening, Intelligent Systems seems to have worked out how to broaden the series' appeal without sacrificing the elements that make it popular among fans... and then some.

Solid-Stark said:
I've never played a FE game. Is it fine to just jump in on this one with no experience to this franchise?

Yes, this game is very friendly to newcomers. It gives you the option to disable perma-death for the characters, this gets rid of a lot of frustration that Fire Emblem is known for. It also has 3 difficulty settings and the offers a bunch of optional tutorials that teach the basics. This is by far the best game in the series to be introduced to.

Plus this game is Fantastic! Easily one of if not the best 3DS games. Every 3DS owner should at least try the demo.

I'm an advocate for motion controls, Nintendo, and Kicking freaking Toad to the Moon!

3DS Friend Code - 0860-3269-1286