By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 single-handedly drives industry forward

Metallicube said:

Yet another "PS4 has the best graphics therefore it is automatically the best!!!!1" topic -_-

I really don't get why gamers have this obsessive e-penis thing with game graphics. better graphics doesn't automatically guarantee a better game.

agreed

Nintendo Network ID = itsJabby

Around the Network

Blizzard on PS4..................................SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one for each room thanks.

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Basically, PS4 is Oscar Pistorious.

if i hear the term 'Supercharged pc' one more time im gonna snap.

Current Game Machines: 3DS, Wii U, PC.

Currently Playing: X-Com(PC), Smash Bros(WiiU), Banner Saga(PC), Guild Wars 2(PC), Project X Zone(3DS), Luigis Mansion 2(3DS), DayZ(PC)

Around the Network

looks like op smoked some supercharged drugs.

No if anything Sony hasn't done much of anything except for PS+ and the jury is still out on that as far as being good thing for the industry (it's good for gamers though).

If you want to see who pushed the industry forward you just have to look at Microsoft and see that they're the ones that were instrumental in completely changing the way we look at consoles (XBLA, Apps, DLC, Achievements, Demos, PC/Console multiplatform games, muliple SKUs with significant differences in hardware, etc).

Looking at next generation of consoles it wouldn't be a surprise at all if Microsoft introduces many more things that all console gamers will eventually take for granted.

Legend11 said:

No if anything Sony hasn't done much of anything except for PS+ and the jury is still out on that as far as being good thing for the industry (it's good for gamers though).

If you want to see who pushed the industry forward you just have to look at Microsoft and see that they're the ones that were instrumental in completely changing the way we look at consoles (XBLA, Apps, DLC, Achievements, Demos, PC/Console multiplatform games, muliple SKUs with significant differences in hardware, etc).

Looking at next generation of consoles it wouldn't be a surprise at all if Microsoft introduces many more things that all console gamers will eventually take for granted.

I'm sorry but achivements i'd rather give to nintendo / atari, even though theirs were physical not virtual.

First of all, we don't know what microsoft's doing, and second of all, the wii u also drives the industry forward, just not like the ps4

Let's just stop lying to each other, the very existance of Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft and PC hardware manufacturers is what drives the industry forward, and as much as you may hate to admit it, if it wasn't for the 'high and mighty' pc players consistently buying those overpriced CPUs and GPUs, you wouldn't be getting console updates as the infrastructure of hardware development wouldn't be there for console manufacturers to pick and choose to build new machines.

In short, PC platforms drives hardware technology forward
PC and Console platforms drive software technology forward

Now stop trying to pin 'progress' on your favorite manufacturer.