By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I don't understand how anyone could ever trust MS's Next after this gen :/

Do you still trust MS enough to get their Next Console?

Yes 265 34.06%

No 512 65.81%

Total:777

A forum poll is not a "study".

Around the Network

I agree with you about:

-Charging for online (but let's be honest, it was leagues ahead of its time and somewhat justifiable upon release as a result)

-RROD, but replaced the units for free so I don't see this as an issue moving forward. (Maybe hurt the launch a bit *just in case*)

- Lack of wireless and hdmi. (Not acceptable)

It's about the total package for you, that much is obvious. Although I'm not sure if this an ex post facto realization or simply a very late grievance. Either way, decent gripes, but the average consumer overlooks the simple things quite easily.

Im surprised gamers gave Sony a chance when any other brand name would have crumbled due to the initial mistakes.

I could make my own elaborate lists, but at least I know that I can't convince the opposite team, just ruffle feathers and prove that the other side has merit.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sincerely, i dont know who could trust Msoft at all to begin with, still i think if someone is going to trust Msoft, NOW is the best time to do so, with Sony losing touch with the industry at giant step and Nintendo strugglin to please everyone in the whole mfukin world

forevercloud3000 said:

Microsoft did a great job lulling many a gamer in with what they originally offered. Yet, for the last 7 Years I have watched them pull one slick stunt after the next, and generally harm the sanctity of the industry multiple times over.

• When the Original Xbox came out, I was interested. Games like Fable and Jade Empire almost had me. Yet I already had a PS2, wth FF and a hefty load of games that were exclusive to it. I decided I would wait to get the Xbox after it became much cheaper. When the New consoles were finally released I though this was my chance to snag one for a bargain......then it happened. MS officially cut off Xbox shortly after 360's release, this was in complete contrast to how the PS2 still thrived for several years, just like the PS1 did. The way it was immediately discontinued, most ofthe games were field destroyed, just erased....didn't sit well at all with me. I still feel like this is a mantra MS might still hold. More on that later....

PS2 was the market leader, no wonder they lasted as long as they did......PS2 choked the life and potential out of the allready money-losing Xbox. Xbox was graphically superior, had a hard drive, online blew what was called PS2 "online" out of the water. In the end, it came down to sales, how PS2 had a monopoly.

• RROD. MS ignored the many warnings they got from their tech experts to delay the 360's launch so they could figure out a more viable heat syncing solution. MS big wigs could have cared less, because beating Sony to the punch was truly all that mattered. A electronic device with over 40% failure rate that wasn't immediately pulled from market is unheard of. MS's solution to this was to give you a 3 yr warrenty(from LAUNCH and not buy date) where they would fix your console......just so it would break again a month later. In MS's defense, many bring up the PS2's higher than normal failure rate....yet that was small time in comparison really. It was only a rate of like 8%. While working at Gamestop, I watched people buy console after console simply because they kept breaking. When the main reason you chose one console over the next was due to it's low price yet the cost of replacing it comes out to way more.............priceless.
  • Timed Exclusivity: A ridiculous  trade off from real exclusivity if you ask me. I always felt full exclusive games encouraged the best kind of  competition. Mario's success would spur Crash, GT would ignite PGR/Forza, etc, etc. The fact that there are less exclusives these days means there is less reason to buy any particular console(which is what MS wanted) but it also means developers don't have to try nearly as hard to court a fanbase.....and most often, Multiplats feel like a poor man's exclusive Version

MS has few f1st party studios.....what do you expect them to do? Timed exclusivity made 360 gamers feel superior that they got first pick. When it came to PS3, they got the sloppy second sales scraps. As a 360 gamer, I was all to happy to let them have Bioshock of ME 2, because I allready had my fill, and they would get it after most gamers allready moved on. Your underlined couldn't be further away from reality. PS3 multipalts usually outsell your exclusives in the same genre. Check the top 10 PS3 best sellers......ya.

• Total Abandonment of the Hardcore Gamer in the last 3 years. MS has shown time and time again, that their fanbase is just a name and number. They are only as valuable as how much money they are bringing them. Now this isn't news to us about any business. Sony and Nintendo also want your hard earned dollar. Yet MS completely abandoned the groups that gave them their early success as they no longer needed to appeal to them, they already had you (like some douche college stud who sleeps around for the conquest and nothing more). Once they felt they had the "Hardcore Vote" already, the Hardcore centric games became scarce, and the new Casual push began. This is what 360 fans put up with out of complacency for the last 3 years. MS felt as long as they give their fans 2 key franchises a year(an alternation between Forza,Gears, Halo) that their fanbase would stay TAMED.

3rd party brings games to 360 whether you accept it or not. 360 had its main IPS like Gears, Forza, and especially Halo 4 in recent years. XBLA has been excellent every year as well. Sure, more would have been nice, but thats because MS doesn't have the studio numbers. They have been acquiring a lot now, so their multiple studios should start diversifying next gen.

360 doesnt have mainland Europe and Japan to use as a crutch like Sony has. Going casual was the only way to reinvigorate 360 sales. You take Sonys inherent luxuries like more studios and more "global" appeal for granted. It makes them lazy, where as MS has to do things to stay current, with less territories working in their favor.

• Charging for what everyone else give for free. We already pay a premium for the internet, why are you paying for a glorified "Membership" that gives you what you rightfully should of had for free? News Flash people, there is very little XboxLive does that PS3 doesn't, contrary to popular beleif. The only true feature of note is XGC.....an overhyped feature from those who are trying to justify that annual fee. Well come PS4 time, you will no longer have that excuse. Vita already has XGC, PS4 will allow it across multiple devices. PS+ is already garnering  far more appeal of late, with its constant sales, free game givaways, auto updates, exclusive betas/demos......on the regular! PS+ isn't required to get basic funtion out of your device, yet people are flocking to it for its REAL value it offers up to you.

Live is faster, more seamless, and more friend oriented. This applies to all online, not just online MP. 360 exclusives like Halo alone make the price justified as I can argue that aside from GT, Uncharted, and GOW, PS3 exclusives aren't really enticing. You dont like paying, cool. But millions do, and it doesnt change that Live is just better. The gap is smaller, but still there.

• Cheap scating to APPEAR cheaper. This baffled me when this gen started. Sure, the PS3 was 600 big ones, but in actuality the 360 was just around, if not more. Think about it. Original 360's were coming with no HDMI port, needed batteries for controllers(expensive rechargeable pack sold seperately), no Wifi Built in (When even the damn Wii did), and of course required a Live Sub to play online. Oh but it came with a headset tho....... The system was built around you buying what appears to be a real bargain in comparison to the competition, then get you on the 50million peripherals that will at some point become a necessity.

2005 called, it wants your opinion back. But seriously, Dualshock 3....forcing gamers to upgrade from Sixaxis? Nah that aside MS was just giving options. I know I used ethernet when I had my 360 Elite. Rechargable controller pack was $30, no biggie. Hey, if your concerned about money, then drop gaming all together as the whole hobby is a money pit.

Someone Please explain to me, after knowing all this, how could MS's efforts be more appealing than Sony or Nintendo's at this point?

Because I think XBLA is the best console digital service, more media oriented then PS3 (gasp I have uses for non gaming apps, the nerve!!!), its multiplats are all better due to Live, timed exclusivity/DLC gives me first pick over you, and 360s exclusives, while fewer, are way more desirable then most of Sonys 1st party catalogue. Live costs money, but its superior, bottom line. Thats my view, hope that sheds some lgiht.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
DieAppleDie said:
Sincerely, i dont know who could trust Msoft at all to begin with, still i think if someone is going to trust Msoft, NOW is the best time to do so, with Sony losing touch with the industry at giant step and Nintendo strugglin to please everyone in the whole mfukin world

What gave you that idea?

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

OP BEING SONY FAN CANT SEE FAULTS IN OWN SYSTEM

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Pretty much the only thing keeping me with the Xbox right now is the fact that my friends are on it. If i can convince them to get a PS4 next generation, and assuming PSN fixes some of its issues, and gets party chat? i'll have no problem completely abandoning Xbox. Right now i'd rather pay for Plus than Live gold, because Plus actually gives you something back.

Microsoft doesn't care about games. They're only here to do what they always do try to monopolize. That won't work in this industry though. Their actions have proven they don't care about the games. Not only their PR blabbing about how they don't need exclusives and bringing up their awesome multiplatform games that can be purchased on another platform. They bought out Rare and did nothing with them, killed of Kameo 2 and forced them into Kinect slave labor. They didn't even purchase Bioware for christ sakes. Had that been Sony, Bioware would have been snatched right up. But i guess if a game doesn't sell 5 or 8 million each installment Microsoft doesn't care about it.

Hell IMO Rare would have been better off with Sony. Even Fable could have turned out better than it did if Lionhead was under Sony. Sony's devs actually work together, and Lionhead could have had help from other Sony devs and Fable could have turned out much better than the shit that was Fable 2 & 3.

LOL at Sony being the cuddly, passionate, gamer friendly company, and MS being evil.

They are both BIG, GIANT, SOULLESS, MULTINATIONAL CORPORATIONS! You honestly don't think Sony is here "to monopolize"?

Naturally, the people working for them are hired because of passion, but ultimately, the goal is to make money.

I honestly think that Sony fanboys are the worst this generation because they have had to be on the defensive for all of this generation because of price issues, multiplatform inferiority issues, controller issues (sixaxis), lack of games issues (not anymore), inferior online, and sales.

Sure, the PS3 will probably catch up later this year, but it will still be across 3 regions to the 360's 2, and they have sold 100 million fewer games because a lot of people bought the PS3 to use as primarily a bluray player or as a secondary system.

i have a feeling PS4 is going to beat 720